• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age of Letters of Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD

I'm a Selective reservist with 19 months before I complete my degree. I want to get some time in my unit under my belt before starting my application.

I came in on the Advance Pay Grade Program. This required me to get several letters of recommendation. I didn't get them from everyone I could have due to time constraints.

My questions are -
1) if I wait 6 months or a year to start my application, can I re-use these letters (dated the end of last year 2002)

2) would it be too early to start getting the additional letters I will need.

thanks,

WFU2USN

dsweeney,

1. I wouldn't re-use LOR's. Just make sure you're communicating with your chain of command now about your wishes and when the time comes, use your Chiefs and Officers for LOR's. You'll also need a CO's endorsement with your OCS package when you submit it.

2. I suggest giving yourself about 6-12 mos to get to know people and then start on getting LOR's. At that time also get in touch with an officer recruiter to make sure you're getting the stuff you'll need - submission requirements for OCS packages change all the time.

I hope that helps!

Robin
IS2(SCW)

JKD

specifically, I have several volunteer organizations that I can get a LOR from. I've been a reserve Deputy Sheriff for 3 years. We have our annual training next month, and I didn't know if this would be too early to ask the sheriff to write a letter. With my new commitments in the Naval Reserve, and possible mobilization when I complete training, I didn't know how much time I would be able to spend with the sheriff's dept.

Would a 6 month - 1 year old letter not look as good as a recent one? What about one with no date?

just wondering.

WFU2USN

Hi,

I'd want them with recent dates on them w/ respect to when I submitted my pkg.

Also, what rate are you? What unit are/will you be with?

:)

aoconnor

LOR's can not be more than 6 months old. My packet was held up for over 6 months, from which I had to get updated LOR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.