• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Limit for Pilot

subreservist

It could be as simple as "not greater than 26 years of age". Which is actually similar to the wording they use to describe the low end (19). No one seems to question that side of it.

Even established NRD/NTAG recruiters stumble on it. And it is a question that is asked by potential applicants savvy enough to google the PA themselves. I even discussed (phonecon) with the Pilot OCM and he stumbled!

But, like you said, I'll take it on the chin for my comprehension. I'm just glad the Nuke manuals weren't written that way...could be trouble!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It could be as simple as "not greater than 26 years of age". Which is actually similar to the wording they use to describe the low end (19). No one seems to question that side of it.

Even established NRD/NTAG recruiters stumble on it. And it is a question that is asked by potential applicants savvy enough to google the PA themselves. I even discussed (phonecon) with the Pilot OCM and he stumbled!

But, like you said, I'll take it on the chin for my comprehension. I'm just glad the Nuke manuals weren't written that way...could be trouble!
So, does that mean 25 is the cutoff, or is 26 OK?

browntown

It sounds plenty clear to me. ?‍♂️ It even dilineates the specific birthday cutoff rather than vaguely referring to an entire year of age.

The Aviation OCM office knows their stuff. They’re the ones who process age waivers regularly.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
LOL...you're funny! I already agreed with you, shipmate, and said I was dumb. What more can I do?
Not much, I suppose. However it's worded, someone will be confused by it, or second guess themselves because of bad gouge they've heard, etc.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
LOL...you're funny! I already agreed with you, shipmate, and said I was dumb. What more can I do?
Not much, I suppose. However it's worded, someone will be confused by it, or second guess themselves because of bad gouge they've heard, etc.

Read the wording yourself. It's very cut and dry

I mean I normally don't agree with Brett like 99.9% of the time, the guy won't even sign my CMD PQS but I agree with him here. Just kidding about the 99.9% number.