• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS AF Civ, Army ex-O-5 gets caught in the honey pot

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Air Force employee accused of sharing classified information on foreign dating website

Next time you find yourself on NKO churning through the pain of Unauthorized Disclosure, Cyber Awareness, or INFOSEC annual training, and find yourself wondering, What kind of moron would do any of this stuff?, well...this kind:

An Air Force employee has been charged with sharing classified information on a foreign dating website after prosecutors say he sent sensitive information about Russia’s war in Ukraine to a person who claimed to be a woman living in Ukraine.

Prosecutors say 63-year-old David Franklin Slater, a retired Army lieutenant colonel who held a Top Secret security clearance at US Strategic Command, attended classified briefings on the war in Ukraine from February through April 2022, soon after Russia’s invasion began. Slater then sent this classified information to someone who claimed to be a woman living in Ukraine, according to an indictment.

And he wasn't exactly dealing with a highly sophisticated level of HUMINT either.

Prosecutors say Slater’s co-conspirator sent him a message around March 11, 2022, asking, “Dear, what is shown on the screens in the special room?? It is very interesting.”...Less than a week later, according to the indictment, the co-conspirator sent another message saying, “You are my secret informant love! How were your meetings? Successfully?”...The co-conspirator sent messages for nearly two months, according to the indictment, repeatedly probing Slater for more classified information. In April 2022, prosecutors say Slater received a message that said, “You have a job in the Operations Center today, I remember, I’m sure there is a lot of interesting news there?”