• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AECP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFisher

Cessna 152 Ace
Hey everyone
Do you think you can explain to me what AECP is and how I can get myself into it? I was reading about it on the NROTC Administrative Manual here:

http://frontpage.auburn.edu/nrotc/The%20NAM/NAM/Chpt12.htm#12.12

Thanks guys!

goldfish_125.gif

fraz76

The AECP program is for enlisted active duty personnel. And it has been phased out and no long available in the Navy, do to the New STA-21 program. Which asborbed alot of the old enlisted commissioning programs to be combined as one. ie. ECP, AECP, NECP, NROTC, BOOST, and STA. They STA-21 is available for Active and Select Reserve Personnel.

BFisher

Cessna 152 Ace
So I can do that if I take the NROTC Scholarship? I have the officer interview on tuesday for the scholarship.. im pretty nervous.. what kind of stuff will I do/talk about? He asked me to bring a #2 pencil.. I assume for the strong campbell?

fraz76

I never had an interview for ROTC...maybe some of the other guys can help. I had an Officer interview for BDCP and I have given interviews and asked questions as a boarded memeber when I was a RM2. So I would be sure he or she will go over your grades, ask about your interests, what are your strength and weakness, why you would want to join the Navy to become an Officer. What kinda of Officer do you want to be? I see that you want to fly - Do you have any idea what you are getting into? What do you want to fly? What are your long and short term goals? What school do you plan to attend or applied for? Questions like that. Hope that helps. Relax and be yourself. Good luck on your interview and smooth sailing from now on...

Status
Not open for further replies.