• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advanced timelines for the TC-12

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that upon finishing up at NAS Whiting that I'll go through the P-3 selection process and into that pipeline (If that's what the Navy wants me to do). While I know mileage will vary for everyone in a training pipeline due to wx, aircraft availability, etc., approx how long should I expect (without hold times) or how long does it take to get through the TC-12 Multi pipeline between Primary to the FRS? I ask for the logistics of things, if it would be longer than 6 months than I'll have my family come out there.

I didn't see anyone else asking this in the search, but I'll take the flaming so you don't have to!

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Nobody knows is the real answer. Planning on wait times between training is a crap shoot. You get what you get and it will vary from week to week.

If you get VT-35 it will be quicker. VT-31 is slower due to some aircraft maintenance issues.

I recommend you bring them with you. The MCG here (https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/folder2/1542.147D.pdf) shows the TTT to be about 24 weeks. You will bracket both Thanksgiving and Christmas if you get here and having them with during those times is a good idea no matter which squadron you get.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
i checked into TW-4 in June of 08, and winged Jan 30, 2009. I checked into VT-35 the first week of august, and did my last flight on new years eve of 09. YMMV.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Nobody knows is the real answer. Planning on wait times between training is a crap shoot. You get what you get and it will vary from week to week.

If you get VT-35 it will be quicker. VT-31 is slower due to some aircraft maintenance issues.

I recommend you bring them with you. The MCG here (https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/folder2/1542.147D.pdf) shows the TTT to be about 24 weeks. You will bracket both Thanksgiving and Christmas if you get here and having them with during those times is a good idea no matter which squadron you get.

Thank you for your insight and help. I appreciate the link too!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I checked into NAS Corpus Christi for Advanced VT-35 April 08 and winged October 08....

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Right now, not much wait to start multi-engine training, regardless of squadron. VT-31 is having some maintenance issues, but weather is good right now, so we'll see. If you come to 35, it's a pretty safe bet that you will wing on the date we tell you when you check in. Should be right about 6 months of training. The wait is anywhere between a week and a month post-wings to go to Jax/SERE.

Information current as of today ONLY!!!