• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advanced geo bachelor?

Smirnoff

pilot
Don't have orders yet..... but going to Corpus for maritime advanced training. I am thinking of going to advanced as a Geo bachelor and moving my family to NAS Jacksonville in order to not have to move twice in one year. I have school age kids and believe I won't have much time for much except studying and flights. Does NAS Corpus Christi have unaccompanied housing? Any advice? Sorry for length of post.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
There is a BOQ on base. You'd have to get the geo bachelor orders signed at the wing most likely. I've heard of it done before.

KillianSC34

Any updates on your experience with this? I just selected maritime and was considering this as a possibility as well. Any updates would be appreciated!

Renegade One

None
...going to Corpus for maritime advanced training. I am thinking of going to advanced as a Geo bachelor and moving my family to NAS Jacksonville in order to not have to move twice in one year. ..
I just selected maritime and was considering this as a possibility as well. Any updates would be appreciated!
Are you MAT guys absolutely sure you'll be going to JAX? I can only assume that that's where the "single site" FRS may be located...yes?
How long is the FRS? Depending on your situation, it might just make sense to wait until you get your first operational squadron orders to uproot and move the family.
Just a thought...no recommendation implied here...cuz I have no idea of the community pipelines/dynamics.
Thanks for your service (crud...that's another heated thread...sorry).

KillianSC34

What I'm considering is leaving my family where they are now while I go to Corpus. My wife has a good job right now and my son is situated in school here. Just looking at options in the Geo Bachelor direction. It may be a better option financially to move my family after Christmas.

Smirnoff

pilot
Update.

In the end I decided to move my family to Corpus Christi with me. Got my orders to report in two weeks to Corpus from Pensacola. The logistics of moving my family to Jax and then driving out to Corpus was just to much to bear when it came down to it. I am down here in CC living in the BOQ (Gateway Inns and Suites) until the housing I got on base opens up. It looks as though the BOQ would be the place for geo bachelors but I am not sure since I didn't to have to get it approved by the command. In the end for me my wife wasn't working and my PRD is in December so I figured my kids can just change schools mid year. Not ideal. There just wasn't enough time for me to feel comfortable setting my family up in Jax before I had to report. If you are comfortable leaving your family for 6 months and your family is comfortable where they are at. I say go for it. and just do a PPV move down here.

Im pretty sure NAS JAX is the only RAG for P-3/P-8 types. So you may consider a move there to not be away from your family for too long prior to hitting the fleet. Good luck!

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Smirnoff-

The Flour Bluff School District is where your kids will attend school if you live on base. I am pretty sure there is a bus route there too. If not, it is a short drive out of the main gate. If you even think just a little that your wife and kid(s) are having trouble getting settled in or feel isolated on base look me up. I am easy to find if you do a little homework. My wife would be happy to help her get settled in and show her CC and how to make this place work with yound kids. We lived on base back in the day (95) and have been here 10 of the last 12 years.