• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acute Asthmatic Bronchitis

sickboy

pilot
I just got back from the doctors office for a cough where I was diagnosed with "acute asthmatic bronchitis". I was put on Albutorol and Flovent (with z-pack). Flovent is a steriod inhaler and the Respitory Waiver guide from NOMI says that use of steriod inhalers is CD for COPD. My condition doesn't quite fit into the COPD catagory, so I think I'm alright on that front.
A history of asthma is also considered CD according to the same guide. However I was never actually told directly "you have asthma" Just "asthmatic bronchitis". My flight physical is going to be within the next too months, and I want to know how much trouble I'm going to be in with all of this, and would it be worth getting a second opinion from a flight surgeon, or should I just wait until my physical?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
You have acute asthmatic bronchitis, not chronic. The difference will be in your favor, WRT COPD.

I don't think you will be in trouble at all.

TAKE YOUR MEDS. No cheating here and no reason to let this become a chronic condition. Drink lots of non-carbonated and non-alcoholic beverages. Did the doc tell you how long before your symptoms are gone? Maybe 12 days or so?

sickboy

pilot
You have acute asthmatic bronchitis, not chronic. The difference will be in your favor, WRT COPD.

I don't think you will be in trouble at all.

TAKE YOUR MEDS. No cheating here and no reason to let this become a chronic condition. Drink lots of non-carbonated and non-alcoholic beverages. Did the doc tell you how long before your symptoms are gone? Maybe 12 days or so?

I didn't get a time frame, but I do know that my pulseox went from a 93 to a 97 after one hit of that albutorol.