• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active Duty Requirement for DCA

64_Guy

Does anyone know details about the requirement for reserve component aviators to have served on active duty in order to put in for the DCA program? Does a mobilization meet the requirement?I understand that each board makes it's own determination on waviers but I saw something the other day that I want to ask about.
I am a AH64D aviator with the Army National Guard currently deployed to Afghanistan. I have been researching the DCA program for a couple of years now and have decided that it is defenantly the carrer path that I want. I meet or will meet all of the requirements listed on the coast guard webpage (I'm not quite to the required 500 post flight school hours but I will by the end of deployment). I have researched the program quite a bit and I understand that the program is growing more competitive. I recently spoke to a guy who was in my unit and went DCA and his advise was to make myself as competative as possible and just see what happens. I plan to put my packet in next year, however I came across a document recently (that unfortunately I can't find again) that stated that national guard officers must have served on active duty in order to be eligable for DCA. The requirements on the webpage read that the applicant must have active duty flight experince within the last two years. I have always assumed that a year long deployment to Afghanistan would satisfy that reuirement. However the wording of this document made me question it. I apologize for citing something I can't find again but I'm just wondering if you know anything about national guard pilots coming over to the coast guard via DCA. As I mentioned I have soken with an officer from my guard unit would was selected DCA after they returned from Afghanistan on their pervious deployment. However that was in 2007 and I understand requierments change based on the needs of the coast guard. Any insight you have would be apperciated. I'm busy flying here but I'm also excited thinking about a possible move to the coast guard. Thanks in advance and safe flying.​