• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active Duty Enlisted to DCO

Meatman4000

Hello,

I'm a dept career counselor, and looking for answers to help somebody out. Can active duty enlisted apply for DCO boards?

He's currently an active duty CTI1, and is interested in applying for 1815/25/35. He separates in about a year and I do believe he's competitive (heavy intel experience, competitive major/gpa, good track record, people willing to write recommendations, currently working on PhD), just not sure if he can currently go through with the process. PA208 A/C/D sections 6(a) and 6(b) have accession sources listed as civilian and current SELRES enlisted which is what I'm going off of.

I'm thinking if he wants to apply, he'll either need to get an enlisted SELRES spot and apply from there, or just separate cold turkey and apply as prior-enlisted. Am I correct? Just looking for a second opinion before I give him bad info, thanks for your time.

Goodfou

First of all, great work! Always encouraging to see a career counselor doing their diligence to ensure they are guiding Sailors accurately! Also, you are absolutely correct. He either needs to be civilian or SELRES to apply.

Meatman4000

First of all, great work! Always encouraging to see a career counselor doing their diligence to ensure they are guiding Sailors accurately! Also, you are absolutely correct. He either needs to be civilian or SELRES to apply.

Sweet! I appreciate the response, also thank you for the kind words.