• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acronyms!!

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the link, it's a good start. I actually printed out the Navy acronyms one too awhile back, but can't seem to find one for Navy slang.

I guess I could try and go back through all the threads on here but it seems really time consuming.

Here you go. I have this one bookmarked. One that did stump me for a minute was "backsheep" but I got it pretty quick.

http://www.hazegray.org/faq/slang1.htm

This was posted by heyjoe (I think) quite awhile ago.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I think it's a good idea, especially for all us noobs to have some sort of acronym reference. Also Navy slang such as squid, scuttlebutt, manatee, joboy, etc. It's hard to understand things when you don't know the lingo. I don't get half the posts in these forums.

Pretty quick you will get the hang of it, just use context. For example, by themselves they may be hard to understand, but if I were to say: "I heard some scuttlebutt that some farking squid pulled a total joboy and now has a real manatee problem" you know immediately what I am trying to say.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
You know, I haven't seen wing wiper on any of those lists . . .