• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ACES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoe

Hey guys I've got a question[?} I have been hearing a lot about the aces program, can someone tell me what it is, when, where, what you do..ect..

Thanks!!

-Tahoe

Dave Shutter

Adjust the little display box in the right hand corner to display messages from the last 120 days or so and click around. There have been a couple of posts from people who have done it recently and they discussed it in detail. Someone even put up a schedule. You could also wait until next week and ask our resident PRK expert Vicki about it, she's doing it right now down in P-cola (for the second time)

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 01/30/2001 02:31:37

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Tahoe, try these forum posts out:

http://www.airwarriors.com/cgi-bin/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=292&FORUM_ID=6&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=ACES+%40+Pensacola&Forum_Title=Miscellaneous

http://www.airwarriors.com/cgi-bin/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=266&FORUM_ID=5&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=cleared+for+takeoff&Forum_Title=Paths+to+a+Commission

vicki

Hey guys,

I just got back from ACES. I had a blast and got through without the NAMI Whammie. Eyes checked out at 20/16 and 20/12 and I fit in all aircraft except helos (not that I'm too tore up over that). I'm totally psyched to start OCS on April 7th.

Tahoe - ACES is a program where avaition candidates get their flight physical, pass a PRT and a basic swim and get the opportunity to fly a T-34C before they start OCS. It is supposed to further reduce attrition by weeding out candidates that are NPQ before they even come down for OCS. The payoff is a cool flight experience and some serious partying in Pcola. Let me know if there's anything else you want to know.

Take care.

Derrill Thompson

Hey Tahoe,

You attend ACES after being preliminarily selected for SNA/SNFO. Vicki was right, the program save the Navy and the individual time and money. When you turn in your application, there is a commisioning physical included. ACES brings SNA/SNFO selects down to NAMI for a more intense flight physical.

Derrill

unfUSN

You seem to have a good understanding of the ACES medical stuuf. I've got an NFO slot in the June 2nd OCS class but, I have a question. I pased my MEPS exam, but I did have to get a waiver because I broke my finger about a year ago and I don't have complete function of it. I can't close my hand into a fist 100%... do you think that this will DQ me? What are some other commom causes that people lose thier flight slot?

Derrill Thompson

unfUSN,

Don't worry about the finger thing. Chances are they won't even notice. If they do, there are functional tests they will have you do to determine your capability. I don't think you'll have any problems. The only reasons I've ever heard of anyone being NPQd for are height and vision related.

No problemo mon amis

Derrill

unfUSN

I hope your right! I don't hit OCS until June2, so I'm hoping to get a ride to P-cola for ACES before then. At least I'll know where I stand after that.
unfUSN

Kyle McWhirter

I spoke to a recuiter who told me that there really shouldn't be any reason for the T34 flights to be cancelled. His rationnale was once you have signed your life away and get sworn in, you are not a civilian. Until I see something in writing about the T34 flights from Navy Command or something...who knows! I have heard mixed signals over the past couple of weeks since the Greenville incident. I unfortunately won't even be able to go to ACES because there isn't enought time between graduation and my 02Jun start date at OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.