• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN ACCP Bonus - voluntary paybacks & MSR waivers

GoutMan

pilot
I am curious to know if any FY15 or FY16 blood money recipients have been permitted to voluntarily breach their aviation career continuation payment (ACCP) contracts, pay back those funds received, and resign since fall 2016.

I know these requests were considered and approved in the past, but have heard rumblings that retention might have rendered those days gone as of fall 2016. If you were able to do this after sept 2016, I would be interested to hear.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
likely dependent on your community. I can't see any TACAIR bubba under contract being let go.

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
Don't take the devils money unless you are ready to tango. . Don't worry, the airline pilot shortage isn't going away anytime soon.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Yes it is. Helo bubbas are gonna fill all those airline pilot slots and the shortage will soon be over. If you're on the bonus then you'll be too late.

Mwuahahahaha!!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes it is. Helo bubbas are gonna fill all those airline pilot slots and the shortage will soon be over. If you're on the bonus then you'll be too late.

Mwuahahahaha!!

For some extra perspective, just found out one of my previous employers in the Gulf of Mexico has furloughed / downsized 2/3's of their helicopter pilots since the collapse in oil prices. BTW, what is the pay rate for regional airline FO's now?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
For some extra perspective, just found out one of my previous employers in the Gulf of Mexico has furloughed / downsized 2/3's of their helicopter pilots since the collapse in oil prices. BTW, what is the pay rate for regional airline FO's now?

55kish first year FO including bonus for the ones that look like they're going to survive the longest. American Airlines is making Helo to Hero programs a part of all 3 of their wholly owned regional training/recruitment programs here shortly. One is off the ground, and the other two are in development and should be fielded within the next 12 months.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
55kish first year FO including bonus for the ones that look like they're going to survive the longest. American Airlines is making Helo to Hero programs a part of all 3 of their wholly owned regional training/recruitment programs here shortly. One is off the ground, and the other two are in development and should be fielded within the next 12 months.

Thanks for the gouge. $55K from the airlines + another $35K / $45K per year from the reserves and you are right at $100K per year - with SelRes healthcare and a SelRes retirement. Looks like a good option for helo bubbas. Any idea if one still needs to upgrade to captain in the regionals or will rotary guys be able to transition from regional FO to major FO with 1,000 multi-engine hours in Part 121 flying?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the gouge. $55K from the airlines + another $35K / $45K per year from the reserves and you are right at $100K per year - with SelRes healthcare and a SelRes retirement. Looks like a good option for helo bubbas. Any idea if one still needs to upgrade to captain in the regionals or will rotary guys be able to transition from regional FO to major FO with 1,000 multi-engine hours in Part 121 flying?

Probably going to depend on the individual applicant and airline applying to if I had to guess. Some airlines like JetBlue officially only require 500 fixed wing hours since they count Helo hours on a 1:1 ratio. Others don't count Helo time at all.

There are folks who break into 121 major airlines without having any 121 (part 91 ISR contractors, 91/135 corporate etc.) time. There are also folks who get hired to majors without part 121 pic time.

All the advice I got from buddies in the game was that if I chose to go the regional route, go to one with a quick upgrade (quick being within a couple years or so vice one with 6-9 year upgrade times) due to the extra pay and better resume.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Unless you are in a hardware unit I think reservists will be hard pressed to make even half of that in the reserves.

For pilots, I am thinking of CNATRA. If one is still getting 48 IDT's, 72 AFTP's, 12 to 29 days of AT + some ADT here and there (production or schools), it can add up in a hurry. However, I have been out of the loop for a half decade now so it is quite possible the amount of funding has changed - was hoping some of the CNATRA reservists can fill in the blanks. Paging Jim123....

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
For pilots, I am thinking of CNATRA. If one is still getting 48 IDT's, 72 AFTP's, 12 to 29 days of AT + some ADT here and there (production or schools), it can add up in a hurry. However, I have been out of the loop for a half decade now so it is quite possible the amount of funding has changed - was hoping some of the CNATRA reservists can fill in the blanks. Paging Jim123....
I used to tell prospects that about a hundred workdays were there if you wanted them... that's been a good rule of thumb throughout the years. Pretty sure the CNATRA reserve minimum remains unchanged at 60 man-days/FY. More than 100 is doable with some effort. A lot more takes concerted effort and some luck.

Maxing out all those drills and doing a little more than the minimum active duty days--while getting O-4 pay--I think $35-45k is accurate.

edit: We're talking hardware units and training command units.

hooflys

pilot
Contributor
Does taking the ADHRB shoehorn one into particular billets post DH? Put another way, let's say I don't take the money and make DH, do I have any more latitude in my post-DH orders than the guy that took the money?