• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accepted for Immediate Decision Program!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chccurd

I just got back from my interview with the recruitting district CO and was told that I recieved the 4-year scholarship to go to any NROTC college I want for free! Its great. I guess if they think you're real motivated then the district CO can immediately award you a scholarship. Your application still goes to the board, but only to place you in a unit. Anyone who wants to become a naval officer should take advantage of this opportunity, even if the Academy is your first choice (like me).

Make sure you fill out your application as early as possible and send it in. Keep in contact with your recruitter so they know how interested you are in the Navy. I know there are a lot of teens on the forum so if anyone has any questions about the program, feel free to contact me. Good luck!

-Chris

WFU2USN

Chris,

Congratulations! Good luck! Where will you be going to school at?

Robin
IS2(SCW)

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
Congrats on the NROTC scholarship.
Just a few words of wisdom-

I got the same deal (ISD) this past year. It was a great backup plan for the Academy (my first choice). Just make sure you've also got a backup college on the NROTC scholarship Forms as well. My school preferences for the scholarship were 1.Duke 2.UNC-Chapel Hill and 3. Georgia Tech. Even though my scholarship was assigned to Duke, I didn't get into Duke (or UNC). But I did get into GT. If I hadn't put GT down as one of my choices, I would have had a lot of trouble transfering my scholarship there.

Good luck with the Academy, maybe we'll be plebes this time next year.
icon_smile_wink.gif

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

chccurd

My choices for NROTC colleges are:

1. Stanford
2. RPI
3. UCSD
4. University of Michigan
5. Virginia Tech

I think I should definitely get into one of em with the GPA and scores I have so hopefully I'll be fine. Maybe I'll see you at the Yard next year viv!

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.