• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB A synopsis of the ASTB for the new guys and girls.

Woodsman

I took the ASTB since I am a PLC aviation candidate in the DFW, TX area. Last week, I passed the exam with a 52/6/6/7; it was my second (and most likely final) attempt. Here is a brief synopsis of how the test went:
1. Leave any calculators, phones, smart watches, etc. outside of the testing room.
2. Begin with the Mathematics section. I believe this was 40 minutes in duration, and I finished with 12 or so minutes. Take your time if you need it!
3. Next is Reading Comprehension, which is 45 minutes or so; I've forgotten. Honestly, I didn't prepare for this portion (which I don't recommend), and I did just fine. I could have done better, but I invested the lion's share of my time with my nose in the mechanical comprehension and mathematics study guides.
4. The third section, if I remember correctly, is Mechanical Comprehension. It's 15 minutes long, and I would not recommend taking your time on each problem. I solved most problems in under 60 seconds, however, some took more than 2 minutes.
5. 15 minute break. I was fine with 10 minutes, so I cut it short. Before I began the next section, I stretched and did some burpees to get my blood flowing. The testing room was slightly chilly, and physical activity is good for ya.
6. UAV section. This is a game to me; I enjoy seeing how little time I could get on each problem. I missed 2 or 3 due to my haste, but as long as you get a system down for figuring them out, you're set.
7. The next sections include the traits and listening/tracking tests. Nobody I've met has a system for the tracking tests; my system is just to sack up and do my best.

The test took me about two and a half hours. Good luck!