• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A question or two about letter writing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
So, I have written like eight letters so far, and my OC has only been gone one week! What I wanted to know is when does he get mail? Is it once a week, everyday? Did they hold all the mail for the first week? Basically, when is mail call? I figured it would be quicker to ask here than wait for my OC to call!
icon_smile.gif
Would appreciate any information!

Go Navy

Kimphils Girl

Depending on your DI, you start getting mail after your second week. My brother says that sometimes the DI's "hang on" to letters that look like they may be from a "significant other."

Hope this helps.

Stay strong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
So, girly looking letters are not good. About how long do they hang on to the letters if the DIs think they are from significant others? I would hate for my OC to not get any of the letters I wrote for a long time.

Go Navy

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
My boyfriend got mail for the first time sometime during week 2. At the beginning, he was only getting mail about once a week. After that, they got it every day for a while and then it changed back to once or twice a week. He hasn't said anything about them holding girly letters, but I was worried about that so I printed out labels and I use those so nothing about the outside envelope looks girly.

I've found that I usually end up talking to him and telling him everything that was in the letters before he actually gets them and has time to read them all, but he still likes getting them.

icon_smile.gif

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
In the two time that I have talked to Andy, I felt like I didn't have anything to say because I wrote it all in my letters! Oh well, he could just ramble and I would be happy. Of course, I am sure he feels the same way about me! There is one particular letter that I want him to get on time, our one year anniversary is coming up. I would hate for him to get that letter late! But I guess it is not that big a deal. Thanks for your input!

Go Navy

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
I have written like 8 letters too...and I got to talk to my OC two times this weekend...so he probably knows everything I've written so far, but I am sure getting mail regarless of content will make his day! I hope they dont hold girlie letters...because my handwriting is way too neat to be a guy! I've been getting his friends and family to write alot too, so maybe they'll get sick of holding it? probably not, but at least he'll get a bunch and ahve it to read anytime he's having a rough day!

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
I just got off the phone with my OC and he said that he never noticed them holding girlfriend-type letters any longer than other letters but that it wouldn't surprise him.
icon_smile_sad.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You know it is great to see that you all are writing to your guys. Whether it is OCS or the future upcoming deployments after they get through training, those letters mean the world. Email is great and all, but when you get letters, there is just something better about it. I don't know how many times I got beat down on deployment, whether a long mission, random tasking from an O4, or just a plain ****ty day, and I would find a letter from my wife (or family) waiting for me. Talk about a 180 degree reversal in mood. Oh well, anybody that says not to write (for OCS) is full of SH!T, I would gladly have gotten smashed by a DI if that was the price for some correspondence.
icon_smile.gif

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
I have definately improved my letter writing skills over the last couple of days! When I start to feel really down, I start writing a letter and it helps me get through. I have always found comfort in writing, I am just glad that I have someone to write to. I am going to make it where the DIs won't want to hold onto any of Andy's mail. They will hand over a sack full of letters and say you win! Long live ladies with nice handwriting and girly paper/envelopes!

Go Navy

solenita72

SWO Wife
My husband has tons of letters I wrote him while he was there at OCS, and yes, often I sent more than one a day! They didn't get mail until the second week, and you probably will notice that you don't get them from him as fast as he is writing them, because the mail down there is slow as molassas in January!! Just keep writting, it is good for you to get it out and good for them to get the mail!!

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
I agree...writing helps me de-stress because it somehow makes me feel closer to my OC than I am, and at least I know he'll read what I have to say regardless of whether or not we talked about it. Like today, I got my IRS form from school, and they've totally screwed it up, and are probably going to mess up my return not only this year, but next...but after writing to him about it all....I am still irritated, but much calmer just because I wrote it out. And, I always re-read my letters after I write them, just to make sure they aren't just me blowing off stress and nothing good for him to hear....but so far I've been good to just tell the story, and move on to the miss you's :)

solenita72

SWO Wife
aaawwwwwwwww!!! Should of told ya that one!!!

Can you imagine all of the OC's that are gonna get in trouble now that the cat is out of the bag!! (We're just special!)
spin_125.gif

ghost_ttu

I think it would be REALLY special to send roses to him at OCS hehehehe

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Whoops! Didn't mean to get anyone in trouble!

Remember, ladies - they're under a lot of stress right now so don't get mad until AFTER they're done with OCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.