• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A question or two about letter writing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
oh yeah....anniversary...hmm, ours is April 6th...he'll be practically done then...maybe between our hints, both of our guys (go class 15-03!) can remind each other about 1-800-flowers (or 1800flowers.com) or similar sites. hehe! But, honestly since I'll see him soon after, and that will be a great gift in itself!

ghost_ttu

hehehehe, I've heard about plugging for complements and dropping subtle hints but ummmm, well on the up side it is very obvious that us guys don't take subtle hints well, so I guess just whacking us upside the head might be the better approach.....

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
lol...hey, this will probably be a dead and buried post by the time he gets computer access....but just in case, right! LOL!

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
Do you think if we wrote to their DIs they could whack them upside the head and give them the hint for us? I am sure they do that enough as it is!

Go Navy

ghost_ttu

I'm positive that would work, could someone get them that address, I think you should get on that immediately hehehehe

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
I asked my boyfriend, in a letter, if I sent his DI some cookies they wouldn't look down too much on receiving packages! I am waiting for his reply!

Go Navy

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Ladies,
I've been reading a few of your other posts, and I hope that you are all doing well while your husbands/boyfriends are off to OCS.

I have a few questions for you all that are on the other side of the whole military committment. I'm thinking about becoming a Marine Corps OC, and going on an air contract. I'll probably end up being an NFO. I'm just a sophmore in college, but I have a girlfriend and we've been dating for about 3 years. I know that just because we've been together this long doesn't mean that we're going to get married, but before I make a big decision about heading into the Marines, I want to talk to her about it. That's where you ladies come in. I want to know what life for you all is like. Not just while your man is away to OCS, but just living the military life in general. What about living/housing on base? Do the other spouses usually get together while their husbands are away? How long are some of the deployments, and how is that on the wife? I'm just curious about what I should do. I just want some input from you all, so I'll know what to tell her to expect if we do end up together. Thanks a lot.
Semper FI

solenita72

SWO Wife
You know, I think that the only "flowers" the current OC's are thinking about are the ones in the "rose garden"!!! If you haven't heard that name yet, ask!!

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
Solenita...I've heard about the rose garden...definately the wrong kind of roses! LOL! Poor guys, I hope they dont see extra of it because of too much mail!

EA-6B1...I dont know what to tell you, personally I am living in Ohio and working on my masters degree while he is at OCS in Pensacola...I have not been there yet, so I dont know what its like, but I think it is very sweet and considerate to be considering your girlfriend's decision when deciding about the Marines. Especially since you've been dating so long. But, also realize that is a long time off, so you've got plenty of time to prepare for military life...and plenty of time to hear from someone who knows more about the living conditions. I am not a spouse, so I am not the best to consult here...but I know that being married makes things a bit easier for your spouse when you get moved around from base to base. Good Luck and think this one through, and do what is best for yourself, and consider your girlfriend's opinion if you expect to still be with her.

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
EA-6B1, my boyfriend got me a book for christmas. It is for military spouses, the title is Today's Military Wife, the author is Lydia Sloan Cline. It is full of all kinds of information on all branches of the military. It has been very helpful in giving me an idea of what to expect as a military wife. I would try the local library if you don't want to buy it just yet. But I definately recommend it, I am sure there are other books out there as well. I would go through it with your girlfriend so that you could discuss the topics. That is really great that you are considering her feelings. My boyfriend, Andy (Go Class 15-03!) and I talked about it a lot before he left for OCS. Military life is not for everyone! We got to witness this first hand with friends of ours. Good luck to you and your girlfriend.

Go Navy

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
EA-6B1 - I think most of us reading this post are very new to this and have just as many questions about military life as you do. I would recommend talking to your girlfriend and letting her get out there and look around. There are a couple of good websites dedicated completely to Navy wives and significant others and most have message boards. I spent a lot of time on these sites when my boyfriend was first accepted. You might also want to post this question in its own string so maybe some of the significant others not dealing with letter writing will see it and offer their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.