• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A question and a suggestion

UF_ME

First of all I think that this website is an awesome especially for the wanna-be NAs like myself and I want to thank those who operate, maintain, and contibute to the site.

My Question:
Since the utilization of the search is so emphasized, and rightly so, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to use boolean logic while searching?

My Suggestion:
I know that since finding this site I have looked at other individuals stats in order to gauge my potential for getting a SNA slot. I was wondering what you all think about compiling that data into a searchable database for others to reference? Another military aviation site (not sure if it’s kosher to mention its name) does this and it looks really helpful and seems like it could alleviate some of the "where do I stand" posts.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The search engine isn't operating 4.0 right now. There's some issues that will hopefully get resolved when webmaster updates the software "soon." I think the tags are working, though (haven't tested them), and a lot of the threads have been tagged to help with searches.

As for a comparable database...if you'd like to start at least compiling the numbers, that would be a help. I'm not smart on database integration w/ vB, so I'll let Steve or Webmaster respond to that.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I was wondering what you all think about compiling that data into a searchable database for others to reference? Another military aviation site (not sure if it’s kosher to mention its name) does this and it looks really helpful and seems like it could alleviate some of the "where do I stand" posts.
Anyone else see stars in this one's future? Brand new and already tasking via internet. :shake_125:D

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Re: the Suggestion:

Not sure if "compiling data...to see where you stand" is going to work too well. From what I've seen, selection isn't a "cookie cutter" selection process (aside from the requirements to be selected for SNA). There are all different kinds of people, from different walks of life, that got there in different ways. I suggest knowing what the requirements are, getting the checks in the blocks, be yourself, and doing your best. There's no magic formula that will get everyone selected if they follow "these simple steps". If things worked that way Billy Mays would've been selling SNA slots on TV for $19.95 along with a bottle of OxyClean.

However, I could be completely misunderstanding what you're saying, and if so then disregard.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The search engine isn't operating 4.0 right now.

threadjack-

Reading the ADB with an SNA a few months ago, the student asked me what "4.0" meant on a MAF? This is more fun.

a) it is a reference to a maintenance instruction
b) it is slang for good
c) if you know how to use it in a sentence then you might be officially "old"
d) both (b) and (c)

:)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If this is a Navy test, you always pick the "both x and y" answer.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
If this is a Navy test, you always pick the "both x and y" answer.

In T-6 land, we learned that almost every question or problem can be resolved with:

PCL - OFF
FIREWALL SHUTOFF HANDLE - PULL
EXECUTE FORCED LANDING OR EJECT.

:D