• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A question about what happens after the offer is accepted

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
For folks who want to join the military, want a college extracurricular, want their college tuition paid for, and don't want to apply and compete in hyper-competitive OCS selection, ROTC is really the best way to go.

Yeah... But then you have to be in ROTC...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah the free college sucks.
Meh, I paid for college without taking loans. To each their own. FWIW I didn't want to join the military in college. Nor for some time after.

And I didn't need a uniform to get chicks. :D:)

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
Meh, I paid for college without taking loans. To each their own. FWIW I didn't want to join the military in college. Nor for some time after.
I've paid off 10k of 30k 2 years after graduation. Wish I knew what that kind of money was worth before enrolling in the school I chose.

Pags

N/A
pilot

And I didn't need a uniform to get chicks. :D:)
Or uncle sugar could’ve paid for school thus freeing up your money for more “collegial” pursuits.

Plus I wouldn’t call being in ROTC being in the military. I wore a uniform 1.5days a week.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Or uncle sugar could’ve paid for school thus freeing up your money for more “collegial” pursuits.

Plus I wouldn’t call being in ROTC being in the military. I wore a uniform 1.5days a week.

Less than 1 day a week for me. 99% college student. 1% ROTC student. Plus paycheck and free school. Not sure what @Swanee sees as a downside.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Less than 1 day a week for me. 99% college student. 1% ROTC student. Plus paycheck and free school. Not sure what @Swanee sees as a downside.
staunch libertarian views that preclude him from taking hand outs from the government? :)

(it's a joke, i don't know what swanee's politicla stance is)