• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A few app. questions (motivational statement...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eteled

I have a few questions regarding the M-statement.

The different programs review packages by themselves?

If this is the case, did you guys write statements geared toward one review board over another? Did you write a more general statement?

Are there any example m-statements I may read (successful and not)?

The m-statement is now 500 words, right? Older posts have it listed at 200.

Do you think that selecting only one program increases your odds at getting accepted?

Finally, do I have a chance at either Intel or Naval Reactors with the following stats: 3.0 GPA in Physics (graduated in three years, but a low GPA), OAR = 66 (my flight scores were 8,7,8 but they shouldn’t matter here), senior thesis did use a nuclear reactor and very high PRT scores.

navsup

BDCP Supply
The motivational statement I wrote 6 months ago had to be under 200 words. I only wanted supply so I geared my statement toward supply, mentioned my degree is good for supply and that it would be the same sort of job I would look for in the civilian world. I did put 3 choices down, so I after I sent my package I realized that my statement would not be good for my other choices. Luckily I got selected for supply. I would say that with an OAR that high you should have a pretty good chance at anything. I got selected with a 50

Eteled

Thanks for the info navsup. I want to finish my app. seeing how the new FY just started, but my app. lists the m-statement at 500 words and everyone here is quoting 200. I'm going to go with 500 since that is what’s written.

Can anyone confirm a change in length?

Also, when at MEPS, do they perform a cycloplegic refraction? In another post someone said they do a cycloplegic eye exam (i.e. a full exam with history). A cycloplegic refraction (drops are used to paralyze the ciliary muscles used to focus the eyes) is very specific and not necessarily included in a cycloplegic exam.

Anyone been to MEPS lately?

bisouss69

The application states how many words you will need to have...which is limited to 200-250. You need to read what the essay states. Have yuo even started filling out the application?

Eteled

My recruiter told me to download the general application off of www.cnrc.navy.mil/officer I've finished with everything except for the m-statement. The m-statement section reads, "...500 words or less..." Check it if you want.

Anyone know about the cycloplegic question?

riley

I was at MEPS in late spring (Dallas) for a commissioning physical. They were not set up to do a cycloplegic refraction. It is just a basic eye exam - eye charts, depth perception, read the numbers (check to see if you are colorblind), etc. Even the Joint Reserve Base in Fort Worth is not set up for the cypcloplegic exam - I had to go to a civilian eye doctor for him to fill out the paperwork. Except, now I am told that is not accepted anymore and I have to drive 3 hrs to an Air Force Base to have another eye exam with the lovely cycloplegic refraction included.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
cyclo exam - I went to MEPS in Houston back in May. They sent me a few blocks down the street to a civillian doctor who did the exam. MEPS was not set up to do the exam in-house. No one ever said anything about having it done by a military doctor, and they let me in. Things could have changed since then though, so check it out with your recruiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.