• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A couple questions regarding Enlisted OCS application..

mjv305

ENS SNA
I would like to thank you for taking your time to help me out with these questions..
How many evals do I need?
How many years back should I report civil offenses? I.e. if something happened 8 years ago, is it still relevant?
Do I need to include the anthropometric measurements since I want to fly?
What testing scores do I need to include on application?
How do I word the section to request a waiver due to my age?.. 27 is cut off for pilot with waiver up to 29.. I am already 27..
Do I really need my high school transcripts for this application?

Those are the questions i have. Also, once package is submitted and interviews completed, how long will it take to find out if i have been accepted and then how long will it be until i leave for OCS? My time is running out to fly, need to get this done ASAP..

fjauliveld

I would like to thank you for taking your time to help me out with these questions..
How many evals do I need?
How many years back should I report civil offenses? I.e. if something happened 8 years ago, is it still relevant?
Do I need to include the anthropometric measurements since I want to fly?
What testing scores do I need to include on application?
How do I word the section to request a waiver due to my age?.. 27 is cut off for pilot with waiver up to 29.. I am already 27..
Do I really need my high school transcripts for this application?

Those are the questions i have. Also, once package is submitted and interviews completed, how long will it take to find out if i have been accepted and then how long will it be until i leave for OCS? My time is running out to fly, need to get this done ASAP..

Alright, first you need to do a little research on your own. Being an enlisted Sailor, you should know how to find the proper instruction. Next, have you even talked to your CCC? They hold a wealth of information. After you have finished that, utilize the search function on this website to assist you. The Enlisted Commissioning Programs Instruction will answer all of the questions you asked, except the "When will I find out?" If you do a little searching around here, you will find the answer to that as well.

Beefalo

You really need to read the 1420.1b, talk to your CCC, and do some research on here. These are like day 1 questions.

mjv305

ENS SNA
i thoroughly read the 1420.1b this time and i did find some answers. I did not find them all. I realize they were silly questions, but when you ask the CMC, CCC, divisonal CCC and prior enlisted to OCS officers and nobody can answer any questions it gets a bit annoying. Seems like my day one questions are too tough for any single human on my base to answer.

The answers i didnt find - how do i go about askingg for an aviation waiver? it says mail your request to an address on the instruction, but when? before i send up my app, after i send up my app? Not too clear..

mjv305

ENS SNA
thanks fj.. i called the ocs help desk and they sent me in the right direction. they are very helpful.. i received the waiver 3 days after applying.

cktaylor31

What happens if you get accepted to OCS while on deployment? I would like to fulfill my obligation to my current squadron and it so happens that the deadline to submit my application happens to be the month I am supposed to leave. With that being said, I should find out results per the instruction a little less than half way through it. Any insight would be of help.