• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

90 day window to be gained?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
There has been yet ANOTHER paperwork SNAFU with my documents. The NOSC received the documents prior to PERS signing off of them. The paperwork was sent to PERS back in early September but the NRD hasn't heard back from them yet. With the shutdown essentially furloughing personnel in PERS, no one seems able to answer whether or not the paperwork got approved thus starting my 90 day window to start drilling.

What happens if the window is open but I don't know when it started and the cancellation of all DWEs results in me missing the window? Will I be UA? What happens?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm not educated on the 90 day thing or what it is, but do you know when the paperwork was originally sent (albeit without the signature)? That will give a rough timeline.

If you don't start drilling once having been ascessed, your unit has the option of giving you AAs in lieu of a UA. I had a pilot who had that happen and it's not that big a deal. I wouldn't be surprised if your unit has to manage a lot of this stuff with the shutdown.

As for checking the date of gain, your unit should be able to go into NRRM and look it up. That will be what determines when your clock starts for drills.

Fun fact: Even if you're gained on the last day of the month and can't possibly indoc for that month, you still get your 4 drills for that month. Learned that last week.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I love your fun fact Gatordev. The problem is that I haven't been gained at all. I still can't log into the uniform website, on milconnect I'm still listed as a dependent of my husband, and basically I don't exist in any system. It is good to know though that I will get the drills for the month in which I am gained!

In a small update: I called PERS at their customer service line and spoke with someone. For those who are curious, the detailers over in Millington are working double duty and manning the phone lines there. Following a conversation there during which they said they would get back to me once they spoke with someone who might know something, I heard back from my NRD that the wait isn't with PERS, it is with my OR. My OR has been sitting on the paperwork and not signing it for some reason. So the person who has been handling my paperwork for the NRD has attempted to contact my OR to get the signature.

I really thought this was the easy part of the process! :confused:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Note: There is nothing easy about Reserve admin. Talk about a self-licking ice cream cone. Don't get me started...

The good news is that since nothing on the automated systems says you're "anybody," then you're not, so your clock isn't ticking. Seems to coincide with the info you got from PERS. Good luck and just be patient. Once the shutdown turns back on, it will (mostly) flow like water.

IntelNinja

I get to make up my own? Hmm...
Talked to my recruiter today. Assignment paperwork was signed and sent in. Now I'm "on the scroll" and awaiting approval so they can draft up the COMDOCs. He told me that after that, I have 90 days to accept the commission, swear in, and send the paperwork back. After that, he said that I have 90 days to get gained into the system (similar to PenguinGal), and according to him, do my first drill (I'm assuming INDOC).

With my upcoming 6-month deployment, I'm hoping that it takes over a month to get through the scroll process, so that it comes back while I'm in Afghanistan...then I should be fine with the timelines.

And thank you for going through this ahead of me and especially sharing all your experiences and knowledge!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Note: There is nothing easy about Reserve admin. Talk about a self-licking ice cream cone. Don't get me started....

Doesn't the cone have to exist first before it licks itself?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think TITLE X created an immaculate ice cream cone. The rest is history.