• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

6 AUG 18 /SWO board

viacavazos

Hmm, interesting, my OR told me I wouldn't swear in until I had my Finsel/OCS dates.
Also from my understanding, you get OCS dates and FInsel at the same time so I don't think you would 'discuss' dates, you just get em'
Keep us posted though!
Right? I thought the same thing, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

viacavazos

Wow that's pretty fast, only 5 weeks. Any reason why maybe you would be a push/rush or?
I'll contact my OR Monday, see if he's heard anything
I have no idea. My age isn't an issue and I don't have a security clearance yet either. I guess I'm just lucky.

zoeth

Over 9000
Finsel Jan 20th, 2019
Holy hell, what a difference in dates! I talked to my OR today, he's been doing some career fair the last few days and he'll be on leave all of next week (He's at 20 years come June, already one foot out the door) and he said he hasn't checked his email in a bit, but if the civilian processor contacts him (Mr. Godshall) he will call me immediatly.

I guess just memorize that appendix Bravo and keep on running sky29

BTW* There is a new appendix Bravo edition out, "K" which added Watchstanding principles but removed warfare insiginias, so study the right stuff.

farside

Hi folks--never posted on here before, but a long time lurker. I received prorec-y in August but have not received a finsel letter yet. Hoping it is sooner rather than later! I've had many delays and screwups throughout this process and am eager to start. Cheers!

derkatz

Hi folks--never posted on here before, but a long time lurker. I received prorec-y in August but have not received a finsel letter yet. Hoping it is sooner rather than later! I've had many delays and screwups throughout this process and am eager to start. Cheers!

Cool, what were your delays? Also, just wondering what are your stats?

zoeth

Over 9000

It depends on so many factors it is impossible to answer. Did you have moral waivers? Medical? Degree deferment? What exactly were your 'screw ups'?

jay valdez

Greetings from Greece, 8 year-AD Seabee with Pro-RecY 23AUG18. Same boat as some of you... with no Finsel date yet. Yes, I am patiently waiting but eager to get back to the states and start this new career path.

farside

Cool, what were your delays? Also, just wondering what are your stats?

Hi, stats:
27/M/no prior service
3.4 GPA, BA Public Policy & Law
3.3 GPA, MA Strategic Studies/International Economics
OAR 58
Work experience: non-profit think tanks

As for the delays, there have been too many to count. I've had applications that I've been told have been submitted, only to find out a month/month and a half later that they were mysteriously never processed, no explanation given. Meanwhile, forms expire or get misplaced somehow and need to be redone. An aberrant urinalysis result at MEPS took a while to resolve. I initially applied for intel last year but didn't get it, so decided to try SWO instead.