• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

6 AUG 18 /SWO board

Does that happen often? I called the processing center they havent responded I'm active duty so recruiters dont really work with us.
I'm active as well but they have the list and can tell you if you are/are not on it. Call the Fleet OCS Processor, Mr. Ted Williams (901.874.9366). You may have to call several times to reach him but keep trying until you get through.

abctotheabc

Well I didn't make this board in time (package was about a week late due to needing a "letter of ne benefits" from the VA.
HOWEVER, my OR just called me and said I guess they reviewed my package anyways and that the boards dates are just a 'guideline' and
they don't need to follow it to the "T".

Anyways, ProRec Y for this board!

Congrats!!

calidude620

Well I didn't make this board in time (package was about a week late due to needing a "letter of ne benefits" from the VA.
HOWEVER, my OR just called me and said I guess they reviewed my package anyways and that the boards dates are just a 'guideline' and
they don't need to follow it to the "T".

Anyways, ProRec Y for this board!

Had something similar happen to me on the May SWO board. Congrats! See you in the FINSEL Purgatory thread haha.

zoeth

Over 9000
Had something similar happen to me on the May SWO board. Congrats! See you in the FINSEL Purgatory thread haha.

I think your Finsel should be soon if going approximately off Anthony's dates. He got his ProRec Y in June from the May board just like you. Crazy he already has OCS dates and it was the same board!

calidude620

I think your Finsel should be soon if going approximately off Anthony's dates. He got his ProRec Y in June from the May board just like you. Crazy he already has OCS dates and it was the same board!

Yeah, I'm not really sure how the process works; if it's luck of the draw, or on my recruiter to push me through. I already have an interim Secret, so I don't think that's the holdup. Hopefully, I hear something soon. Winter is coming.

zoeth

Over 9000
Yeah, I'm not really sure how the process works; if it's luck of the draw, or on my recruiter to push me through. I already have an interim Secret, so I don't think that's the holdup. Hopefully, I hear something soon. Winter is coming.

From my understanding your background check doesn't hold up Finsel at all, a lot of ppl don't have their finished until halfway through OCS.
I believe they do a secondary medical check after your N3M and once you get PQ (physically qualified) from NRC they process your Finsel. Who knows, I guess it's called purgatory for a reason.

Kriticalo

Hello, just heard from my CO that I was professionally recommended for SWO off this board! We still happen to be on deployment so it may be a while until I can get my class dates, hopefully as soon as we get back. I have been creeping on here for a while as I have waited for the boards, but now decided to say hello, so hello all!

zoeth

Over 9000
No, but I'm swearing in tomorrow, so I guess I have my finsel? My OR had me sign a bunch of pre-enlistment paperwork this week and said we'd be looking at dates soon.

The process is moving along faster than I anticipated.

Hmm, interesting, my OR told me I wouldn't swear in until I had my Finsel/OCS dates.
Also from my understanding, you get OCS dates and FInsel at the same time so I don't think you would 'discuss' dates, you just get em'
Keep us posted though!