• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

4 Feb 2018 OCS Class

RED91

What’s been working for me is I have a small book and I rewrite each section one at a time about 4-6 times. Usually about the 3-4th time I can rewrite it from memory without error. Then I will say it from memory without error before I move on to another section. Complete memorisation.
That's similar to what I've been doing. Typically I like to get a blank sheet of paper and then rewrite everything I know about the subject...which in my opinion is great for application and conceptualizing. Unfortunately, for this material, that only works for a handful of sections (i.e. code of conduct, chain of command, etc.). The bulk of my studies consists of the ranks and insignia. As for the Oath of Office/Sailor's Creed, I think the best way to commit those to memory is exactly what you are doing: writing and reciting.

Carina

So turns out my application was withdrawn from finsel process (perhaps by user error) back in August. I've been waiting for Finsel since my board selection in July, but no one in headquarters was looking for my application, I was like a ghost in the system, just idle. I called the famous Mr. Celestin and he was glad I called and told me that all my recruiter had to do was call and ask what was going on with my finsel, since it was on hold with no notes. And just like nothing he tells me Jan 15 class is full and he can put me in this class unless something happens and they can squeeze me on January's class. So my 5+ months on this purgatory were not necessary!!! And here I am possibly joining you guys thanks to a phone call I made to check on MY paperwork. Don't know whether to be angry or excited lol. Perhaps just laugh at myself.

I'm prior service so I guess this is a reminder, no one cares for your things like you do, so always keep track of your processes and keep personal paper records of your achievements.

James Stewart

So turns out my application was withdrawn from finsel process (perhaps by user error) back in August. I've been waiting for Finsel since my board selection in July, but no one in headquarters was looking for my application, I was like a ghost in the system, just idle. I called the famous Mr. Celestin and he was glad I called and told me that all my recruiter had to do was call and ask what was going on with my finsel, since it was on hold with no notes. And just like nothing he tells me Jan 15 class is full and he can put me in this class unless something happens and they can squeeze me on January's class. So my 5+ months on this purgatory were not necessary!!! And here I am possibly joining you guys thanks to a phone call I made to check on MY paperwork. Don't know whether to be angry or excited lol. Perhaps just laugh at myself.

I'm prior service so I guess this is a reminder, no one cares for your things like you do, so always keep track of your processes and keep personal paper records of your achievements.
This is honestly horrific. I'm still waiting since the May SWO board. I'd love a feb finsel, or any finsel for that matter

Buster95

pilot

Glad you were able to get it sorted it out! Did they mention if this class was full or is just the January class dates?

Carina

This is honestly horrific. I'm still waiting since the May SWO board. I'd love a feb finsel, or any finsel for that matter

Well SWOs do typically wait a little longer. But since I am aviation, I knew something wasn't not right. Aviation designations have a fast turn around rate. But if you feel like you need mr.Celestin number just let me know, I'll private message it to you.

Carina

Glad you were able to get it sorted it out! Did they mention if this class was full or is just the January class dates?
Just January. But remember I am female. Full could mean they have enough aviation females for the january class, not necessarily full capacity.

hdr777

pilot

About time! Glad you were able to get it sorted out

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO

That’s good news!! That sounds insanely unnecessary. Glad you finally have info! Hope to be joining you!!

Carina

So it got down to my recruiter I will more than likely be in this class like I was told. still no finsel or Orders yet.....but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now to studying all the material I was to anxious and discouraged to take serious!!!

Do we have a Facebook page?? Should I go ahead and make one? Just want to make sure there's not one already active.

cookie_monster

Sent in my transcripts last week and my recruiter called me today. He said there is a very good chance I will be placed in this class, but awaiting official confirmation from the final select letter.

What have you guys been studying academically? Since taking the ASTB last Feburary, I haven't studied anything Navy related, and my recruiter never gave me any packets/pamphlets/etc...Just tells me to do more push ups lmao