• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

Thanos

haha yikes! My mistake ?

Nah no sweat man, we’ll just all be waiting together. Are you applying for anything else alongside aviation?

Since it doesn't seem to be a PII issue I will plan on posting the spreadsheet of the at board list when it goes up as long as no one has a problem with it. Congrats to everyone who already verified through a recruiter that they are on it.

Save us, Matt

Doc Engel

Nah no sweat man, we’ll just all be waiting together. Are you applying for anything else alongside aviation?

Save us, Matt
I definitely plan to as soon as it is up. Seems odd it hasn't been posted yet but I'm sure it has happened before with other boards.

Jbyrne89

Save us, Matt
So I’ve got a weird timeline here haha. Went for JAG when I was in law school - loved my internship at the base in San Diego but JAG turned me down every time I applied and as it turns out being a lawyer is painfully boring and doesn’t pay nearly as well as you think.
So, now I’m going for NFO and SWO. My OAR score is weak (47) and my gpa is very average so I think I’m a huge long shot for both communities haha.

Thanos

So I’ve got a weird timeline here haha. Went for JAG when I was in law school - loved my internship at the base in San Diego but JAG turned me down every time I applied and as it turns out being a lawyer is painfully boring and doesn’t pay nearly as well as you think.
So, now I’m going for NFO and SWO. My OAR score is weak (47) and my gpa is very average so I think I’m a huge long shot for both communities haha.

Hey man, you never know! Keep your fingers crossed! Sorry to hear about JAG, but now you’re not stuck with it at least. My other option is NUPOC, probably SSBN subs. They’ve wanted me since I first stepped into the recruiting office. I’ve heard some negative things online about sub life, but also plenty of positives, and it has good career opportunities. So I guess it’s all about perspective.

exNavyOffRec

your advanced degree will help with SWO, if you have good ASTB scores that is the big one for NFO

Many people try for JAG, they are often the most restrictive of all communities, we had a few candidates during my time, I believe the NRD had one pickup in 3 years? The JAG guy that came up that we shuttled to a few presentations was quite blunt, if you don't have a 3.5 or higher don't bother applying, he said on the board he had just sat the ones they picked had near perfect GPA's.

Thanos

This isn’t necessarily relevant, but R.I.P. to Kobe Bryant, his daughter, and all else on board. Another solemn reminder of how quickly we can be taken away, and to enjoy life as much as we can. But even more importantly, to be kind to others—something you don’t need a high GPA or test scores or high accolades to achieve.

ndraper728

They came out almost month later lol. Just ask @swmonroe88, @ndraper728, and others. We’ve all been bonded by the inescapable shackles of time. It was called The Great Wait....
flashback commences
The great wait will ever be scarred into my memory as the introductory experience to the Navy for me. All I can say is be prepared for anything. You may pull your hair, study, watch a lot of YouTube.....but never will you grab the phone and call your recruiter.....no matter how tempting. Like I said you may know a day after all the way up to a month after. Stay strong!