• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

swmonroe88

pilot
That isn't common, the NROTC students at the major college near me all had to take their ASTB at the NRD

Completely anecdotal (and being prior service may have helped grease the gears) but the NROTC Bn at my University takes the ASTB on campus and they allowed my to take it this past summer. I'd say it would definitley be worth asking them, considering it would have been another couple months wait for me to take it through my NRD.

exNavyOffRec

Completely anecdotal (and being prior service may have helped grease the gears) but the NROTC Bn at my University takes the ASTB on campus and they allowed my to take it this past summer. I'd say it would definitley be worth asking them, considering it would have been another couple months wait for me to take it through my NRD.

again that is IF they have the capability, not common, and a few months to take it through the NRD, I can tell you the worst we had was a week wait, and we did the ASTB for all the NROTC students and processed a lot of officer candidates. We had 2 computers to take the ASTB and could test 2 in the am and 2 in the pm, 4 per day so if we really wanted to we could test 80 per month but no one test that many.

swmonroe88

pilot
again that is IF they have the capability, not common, and a few months to take it through the NRD, I can tell you the worst we had was a week wait, and we did the ASTB for all the NROTC students and processed a lot of officer candidates. We had 2 computers to take the ASTB and could test 2 in the am and 2 in the pm, 4 per day so if we really wanted to we could test 80 per month but no one test that many.

Absolutely true. I was told the same info by my OR. Some sort of "technical problem" had my NRD fairly backed up (weeks to months timescale) with testing so I took it upon myself to ask around a little bit and ended up finding myself a better solution.

It can't hurt to ask, the worst they say is "no". For anyone early in the application process, remember that YOU are your own best advocate.

mmhoang1

Applying for this board as well.

Programs applying for: 1. SNA, 2. NFO
ASTB: 60 8/8/8
Active Duty, 5 years, E-6/AE1
Sex: Male
Degree: BS Electrical Technology
GPA: 3.8

If this does not work out, I will be pushing boots in RTC Great Lakes, IL.

aeroengineer

Applying for this board.

Programs applying for: SNA only
ASTB: 47 6/6/5
Non prior service
Degree: BS Aerospace Engineering
GPA: 3.3
65 Flight hours
4 solid LORs from 3 Marine vets (E5) and 1 Air Force vet (E5)
No waivers.

Will be headed to MEPS within the next 3 weeks.

Good luck mates!

afb123

Same here
ASTB: 54, 6/6/6
GPA: 3.0
Major: Neuroscience
LOR from 3 previous and current employees, O-6 (base commander where I work), and O-5.
No drug history, clean medical record.
No prior service, no prior flight experience.
2 reported traffic tickets and one class c misdemeanor (misrep of age in college).

cwu

I got rolled onto this board due to an issue with my application. I am told that it has been resolved so I should be good to go.

Applying: SNA
ASTB: 62, 8/6/7
GPA: 3.2
Major: History
Prior service: No

Good luck everyone!

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
Same here
ASTB: 54, 6/6/6
GPA: 3.0
Major: Neuroscience
LOR from 3 previous and current employees, O-6 (base commander where I work), and O-5.
No drug history, clean medical record.
No prior service, no prior flight experience.
2 reported traffic tickets and one class c misdemeanor (misrep of age in college).

Sigh Another one with the Devil’s Luck! ??

Like a number of you all, I missed the boat for the October Board and now will be applying to this one. Below are my scores for competitive comparisons. I wish you all the best!

SNA
ATSB: 55 7/8/7
GPA: 3.00
Sex: M
Major: Chinese
Prior Service: N

zmoolenaar

Hey everyone! I'll be applying for this board as well. My GPA is a rough estimate since I went to three different schools with quarter and semester systems. I'll be sure to edit it when I get the exact calculation from the recruiter if we decide to attach a spreadsheet to this forum. Good luck everybody!

SNA/SNFO
ASTB: 50 6/8/7
GPA: 3.53
Sex: M
Major: Political Science-International Relations
School: University of California, San Diego
Prior Service: No

Thanos

I missed this most recent board due to factors out of my control. No idea what happened, pretty annoyed to say the least, but I’m pressing forward!

Applying: SNFO
ASTB: 56 7/6/6
Degree: BA Physics
GPA: 3.42
Prior service: No
3 LORs from college professors who know me personally/academically, know my work ethic and leadership on campus.
No legal waivers, one medical waiver (approved).
No pilot experience.

njrecc

Hey there, just got home from taking the ASTB and have yet to go to MEPS but I certainly plan on applying for this board. Hopefully everything works out at MEPS and I can make this board.

ASTB 58 8/9/8
GPA 3.3 Business
SNA
Private pilot