• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 MAR 2022 OCS CLASS

Ericackostaa

Hello everyone. Looks like I may be in this class based on emails I have seen between the recruiter and my CoC.

Sex: Male
Prior Service: Currently AD AE1 - 10 Years
Designator: 1520
Current Duty station: San Diego, CA.

I have heard from prior candidates currently in the fleet as Commissioned Officers that it is highly recommended to drive. What have you all heard so far?
I had a friend graduate a few weeks ago and he assured me you won’t need a car due to COVID and the liberty policy currently. He said people who drove were quite disappointed. Welcome!

watsonM

Greetings!

Thanks for starting up the thread. I'm sure we'll get some more people in here soon. I'm currently an LS, selected for AMDO.

Sex: Male
Prior Service: Currently AD LSC - 13 Years
Designator: 1520

Either of you currently overseas? Or both making the trip to RI from CONUS?

Look forward to meeting you both.
Hi Chief,

I am currently thinking the same thing as far as logistical moves, since I am stationed in Japan and go to class in April. I have yet to find someone with the same issue. Have you started anything?

- MA1

Coelho0808

Hi Chief,

I am currently thinking the same thing as far as logistical moves, since I am stationed in Japan and go to class in April. I have yet to find someone with the same issue. Have you started anything?

- MA1
MA1,

Is your class date 17APR21? I am also an MA1 stationed in Japan (RONALD REAGAN) with that class date. I reached out to the OCS Detailer MAC Harrison and he definitely shed some light on the going to OCS from Japan situation. Let me know if you need anything specific.

-MA1

watsonM

MA1,

Is your class date 17APR21? I am also an MA1 stationed in Japan (RONALD REAGAN) with that class date. I reached out to the OCS Detailer MAC Harrison and he definitely shed some light on the going to OCS from Japan situation. Let me know if you need anything specific.

-MA1
Yes!! That’s dope! I won’t be the only “MA Fleet Returnee”. I’m here in Atsugi. My main question was: Would family be on my orders so they can go back to home of record or are they allowed to stay in Japan for that long? Because my next school is 20 weeks in RI. My housing office said they never approved those here but I looked into the CLS instruction for them to stay here and it seems tricky. What information did you need assistance with?

Coelho0808

Yes!! That’s dope! I won’t be the only “MA Fleet Returnee”. I’m here in Atsugi. My main question was: Would family be on my orders so they can go back to home of record or are they allowed to stay in Japan for that long? Because my next school is 20 weeks in RI. My housing office said they never approved those here but I looked into the CLS instruction for them to stay here and it seems tricky. What information did you need assistance with?
This is what I received from MAC.

"Thank you for reaching out because those are questions that we need answers
on. Due to you being overseas we will post you to an adreq billet at OTC to
allow you a HHG move and to move your family. The kicker is you are not
authorized to take them to OCS. So if you are planning to send them to Home
of record that is fine. As far as the BAH request we don't control pay that
would be a PSD question."

Basically, they will get to live where you want them to for OCS just not RI. What did you get picked up for? Im going for SWO.

watsonM

This is what I received from MAC.

"Thank you for reaching out because those are questions that we need answers
on. Due to you being overseas we will post you to an adreq billet at OTC to
allow you a HHG move and to move your family. The kicker is you are not
authorized to take them to OCS. So if you are planning to send them to Home
of record that is fine. As far as the BAH request we don't control pay that
would be a PSD question."

Basically, they will get to live where you want them to for OCS just not RI. What did you get picked up for? Im going for SWO.
That is very informative thank you
I will have them go to Home of Record
And I got selected for Supply. When are you planning on leaving?

Coelho0808

That is very informative thank you
I will have them go to Home of Record
And I got selected for Supply. When are you planning on leaving?
We have AT Certification all of February so I am planning on rolling around March 15th or so to get the family set up back home before going to OCS. My biggest concerns is making sure our entitlements (BAH/BAS) are good to go before leaving.

watsonM

We have AT Certification all of February so I am planning on rolling around March 15th or so to get the family set up back home before going to OCS. My biggest concerns is making sure our entitlements (BAH/BAS) are good to go before leaving.
Yeah I was thinking March as well, but I do know they told me to fill out the BAH paperwork with checkout so I’m hoping that works out. I guess the first step in all of this would be the orders.
Have you started studying?

Coelho0808

Yeah I was thinking March as well, but I do know they told me to fill out the BAH paperwork with checkout so I’m hoping that works out. I guess the first step in all of this would be the orders.
Have you started studying?
A little here and there mostly on my duty days. Good thing is most of it is still kind fresh with the exception of the code of conduct and watch standing principles.

I was told I should see my orders in about 30 days. I was already under orders for NCIS STAAT in Mayport so I had to reach out and get those cancelled first.

watsonM

A little here and there mostly on my duty days. Good thing is most of it is still kind fresh with the exception of the code of conduct and watch standing principles.

I was told I should see my orders in about 30 days. I was already under orders for NCIS STAAT in Mayport so I had to reach out and get those cancelled first.
Same I cancelled my CRG (Bahrain) orders I was due to leave January. Well I look forward to seeing you in April. Let me know how the process is going for you after your orders and what not, mine should be 30-45 days as well.
Congratulations btw!!

Coelho0808

Same I cancelled my CRG (Bahrain) orders I was due to leave January. Well I look forward to seeing you in April. Let me know how the process is going for you after your orders and what not, mine should be 30-45 days as well.
Congratulations btw!!
Congrats to you as well! Let me know if you ever need anything.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
I had a friend graduate a few weeks ago and he assured me you won’t need a car due to COVID and the liberty policy currently. He said people who drove were quite disappointed. Welcome!
Can confirm.. I just graduated earlier this month and the biggest advantage to having a car is you can store things/pack earlier. Keep in mind that contraband rules still apply even at your car. During the winter months we were able to start our cars every 2 weeks but some of the people in the summer never got to go to their cars. It's highly dependent on the class team. The only time we were authorized to drive was to move cars a few nights before graduation closer to the barracks for packing up.