• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

xeroseal87

Dang so close yet so far! I’m down here in Tempe waiting. Did they tell you you have to wait until at least October to leave since we are a hot spot?
I dont think that would matter considering everyone is quarentining before hand. The classes are reduced to 50 percent so its slower than usual.

zbr23

Hey y'all!
Sorry, just getting around to this... Pro Rec Y SNA from 25MAY20 board. Was told Pro Rec Y SNA on 15JUN20. Yet to receive OCS ship date. When I went in for fingerprinting my OR said I could ship for the 16AUG20 class. But then, he also offhandedly admitted that he's got a "backlog" of 1390's waiting to go. I looked up at his whiteboard and noticed that a few of them were initially supposed to go back in April and are still waiting... He also confirmed the half-capacity classes. He also mentioned that it can vary even more wildly as Big Navy will tell OCS, "hey out of that 50 we need more SWO's this time around." Or, "hey don't take as many SNA's for this class. NAS Pensacola is way backed up."
Essentially, take the whole Navy-mantra of "Hurry up and wait" and multiply that by COVID-19 ?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Hey y'all!
Sorry, just getting around to this... Pro Rec Y SNA from 25MAY20 board. Was told Pro Rec Y SNA on 15JUN20. Yet to receive OCS ship date. When I went in for fingerprinting my OR said I could ship for the 16AUG20 class. But then, he also offhandedly admitted that he's got a "backlog" of 1390's waiting to go. I looked up at his whiteboard and noticed that a few of them were initially supposed to go back in April and are still waiting... He also confirmed the half-capacity classes. He also mentioned that it can vary even more wildly as Big Navy will tell OCS, "hey out of that 50 we need more SWO's this time around." Or, "hey don't take as many SNA's for this class. NAS Pensacola is way backed up."
Essentially, take the whole Navy-mantra of "Hurry up and wait" and multiply that by COVID-19 ?

If it's any consolation, you being closer to the age 27 mark will move you forward in line to ship. Pre-COVID, I knew of a couple 26 year olds with a pretty incredible board-to-ship turnaround time in the name of getting them commissioned before the cutoff. My regards to any 22 year olds in this thread.

xeroseal87

If it's any consolation, you being closer to the age 27 mark will move you forward in line to ship. Pre-COVID, I knew of a couple 26 year olds with a pretty incredible board-to-ship turnaround time in the name of getting them commissioned before the cutoff. My regards to any 22 year olds in this thread.
I am not sure how much age actually plays a role in ship date. If that were the case I feel like I would likely leave gotten a date as soon as I was selected. I'm already 32. I can see how it may play a role but right now they are going needs of the navy and like he said, pensacola is backed up. I've been seeing 8 to 10 months prior to class up after ocs so im guessing we are lower priority

exNavyOffRec

That max age for aviation was increased, so not a factor for him anymore.

exNavyOffRec

I am not sure how much age actually plays a role in ship date. If that were the case I feel like I would likely leave gotten a date as soon as I was selected. I'm already 32. I can see how it may play a role but right now they are going needs of the navy and like he said, pensacola is backed up. I've been seeing 8 to 10 months prior to class up after ocs so im guessing we are lower priority
You should stay on top of this, even though you had a waiver for age there is a point where you are too old, I would be communicating with the fleet processor and get keep everything in email.

I have seen applicants who sometimes due to issues with them and sometimes due to issues with the USN age out and be told they need to redesignate or drop. I did have one where the USN messed up and they let that person ship after max age and outside of what they would normally consider for a waiver.

lmsterns

Anyone for this board not received an answer from their recruiter Y or N? I obviously realize it looks like most have heard a while ago, however, my recruiter told me last week he still did not have an answer for me. Wondering why this may be if anyone has any ideas?

JSaint23

Anyone for this board not received an answer from their recruiter? I obviously realize it looks like most have heard a while ago, however, my recruiter told me last week he still did not have an answer for me. Wondering why this may be if anyone has any ideas?
Same here bro, I’m contacting my recruiter once every 2 weeks but haven’t heard anything. We’re ALL in the same boat my friend. We’re all more than likely going to hear something back closer to August maybe first week of August my guess. This sucks I know...

the fly guy tj

Same here bro, I’m contacting my recruiter once every 2 weeks but haven’t heard anything. We’re ALL in the same boat my friend. We’re all more than likely going to hear something back closer to August maybe first week of August my guess. This sucks I know...
i think he means an answer for prorecy yet, not a date for ocs

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Anyone for this board not received an answer from their recruiter? I obviously realize it looks like most have heard a while ago, however, my recruiter told me last week he still did not have an answer for me. Wondering why this may be if anyone has any ideas?

Unless somebody’s staying zip-lipped, I don’t think anybody from this board has heard anything. Nobody should be particularly discouraged by this, as we’re still inside of a calendar month since PRORECs. Pre-COVID, my understanding is a month between PROREC and FINSEL is kind of average. Post-COVID that is obviously subject to flux, but I don’t we’re out in the cold just yet.

JSaint23

I have a homie who got picked up in February for SNA and got a class date 2 months later In April and is supposed to leave next month and sign his FINSEL orders so from Feb to Aug you figure is a 6 month window so if we got picked up last month more than likely August to hear back about a class date and for SNA’s around Dec or January of 2021 for a ship date, I got selected for SNFO and I hear they’re leaving a little sooner due to them being in higher demand than SNA’s right now so....yea.

JSaint23

Anyone for this board not received an answer from their recruiter Y or N? I obviously realize it looks like most have heard a while ago, however, my recruiter told me last week he still did not have an answer for me. Wondering why this may be if anyone has any ideas?
Sorry bro I misread your question, thought you already got a ProRec Y and you wanted to know about class dates and FINSEL orders. I would hound your recruiter because unless there is a an extenuating circumstance and you happen to be that anomaly where somebody messed up tracking your application (I hope not) then you should have already found out..sorry man I wish I had some better advice for ya.

lmsterns

Sorry bro I misread your question, thought you already got a ProRec Y and you wanted to know about class dates and FINSEL orders. I would hound your recruiter because unless there is a an extenuating circumstance and you happen to be that anomaly where somebody messed up tracking your application (I hope not) then you should have already found out..sorry man I wish I had some better advice for ya.
Yeah I gotcha man that's what I was thinking, seemed like the PRORECs all came out a while ago so it's got me thinking something was messed up somewhere along the lines unfortunately