• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22 July OCS CLASS

Hello all,

I am in the July 22nd class. I am still waiting on my final select, however, I have a quota in CANTRAC for this class. I was a PRO REC Y from the feb 2017 AMDO board so I have been in purgatory for a little over a year now. I need to study the gouge and hit the gym a little harder to prepare. Looking forward to meeting y’all and working together to finish the commissioning process.

Alec Petrone

Hello all,

I’m wondering if y’all are in the July 22 OCS class because the June 10 and July 1 classes are full already? Is it first come first serve in that regard? I’m applied to be an Intel Officer (which I understand is super competitive) and was told an intel board meets at the end of May to fill summer OCS classes. I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself and am certainly not taking for granted that I got in, but my recruiter has been a little difficult to get ahold of these days so I’m just a little anxious for information.

Some of my application stats are listed below for anyone who can shed light on how these stack up:

B.A History, 3.6 GPA
M.A. Homeland Security 3.84
OAR: 55
Clean record, no legal trouble, etc.

Extremely hopeful that I get selected. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello all,

I’m wondering if y’all are in the July 22 OCS class because the June 10 and July 1 classes are full already? Is it first come first serve in that regard? I’m applied to be an Intel Officer (which I understand is super competitive) and was told an intel board meets at the end of May to fill summer OCS classes. I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself and am certainly not taking for granted that I got in, but my recruiter has been a little difficult to get ahold of these days so I’m just a little anxious for information.

Some of my application stats are listed below for anyone who can shed light on how these stack up:

B.A History, 3.6 GPA
M.A. Homeland Security 3.84
OAR: 55
Clean record, no legal trouble, etc.

Extremely hopeful that I get selected. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I got picked up in Dec for Intel. They had to wait for me to graduate, but my OR told me June 10/July 1 are full for Intel spots, and this class was the earliest they could get me into (not official yet, I don’t have a FINSEL). I’ve heard they don’t process Intel nearly as fast as some other designators (like SNA), and even if you do get picked up you have to do a prescreen interview with an SSO, which has held up some people’s FINSELs on here. As far as your stats go, I think they look good (they’re not too far off mine) but like you said, it’s really competitive. Others have said it’s a lot about tech degrees and high OAR/GPA. I didn’t have a tech degree but if you want to PM me I can tell you what things I did have on my package. Good luck!

LMR92

Checking in for this class, it has been a roller coaster so far! I got selected for suppo during the March board. I was under contract previously with a different branch and it came back to bite me. I was slated for the July 1 class. They called me two days before the May 23 board and asked if I wanted to go, of course I said yes...... but discharge papers from the other branch held that process up and delayed my slot in the July 1 board..... SO FINALLY, I got the call today that I am in this class and I’ll have my FINSEL and contract next week. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and congrats!

grays357

BigFuerte
Checking in for this class, it has been a roller coaster so far! I got selected for suppo during the March board. I was under contract previously with a different branch and it came back to bite me. I was slated for the July 1 class. They called me two days before the May 23 board and asked if I wanted to go, of course I said yes...... but discharge papers from the other branch held that process up and delayed my slot in the July 1 board..... SO FINALLY, I got the call today that I am in this class and I’ll have my FINSEL and contract next week. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and congrats!

Glad to here you got everything squared away. What branch are you coming from and how long were you in?

LMR92

Glad to here you got everything squared away. What branch are you coming from and how long were you in?
I’m not prior service, I had a contract with the army to be an officer candidate for them. It’s a long story ?. I’m just glad it’s all sorted out and I’ll be joining you guys in this class!

LMR92

Understood, well welcome never the less.
Thank you! Do y’all want to come up with a better way to communicate since we’re so close to the class date? Just to get to know everyone, and help with any tips and study info.