• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2021 AMDO

NobleJ

SNA
My age waiver for 1390 was not the same as my TIS waiver for 1520. PA 106 for SNA states that waivers must be routed to CNRC (doesn't say anything about routing through OCM). So all I had for my age waiver was my request letter and a letter from my Skipper endorsing my waiver request (so two waiver documents for SNA). I am 32 years old, turning 33 in December. My ASTB scores are 45 5/7/6. Definitely not the best, but good enough to be eligible. I have a friend who has the exact same birthday as me, and had his age waiver approved and got selected for SNA off the May board. He should be at OCS now. However, the difference with him was that he had really high ASTB scores (I think he had an OAR of 60+ and all 7's after that). So it seem like OAR and ASTB scores definitely play a huge role in the selection process and age waiver approvals for 1390 SNA.
I was curious where prior service stood on the SNA/SNFO board with score. So I analysed the data from the last three boards. Roughly 80-90% of us get picked up. You can check that out in the spreadsheet I made. Your ASTB score has been picked up in the past.

Triumph_MAC

My age waiver for 1390 was not the same as my TIS waiver for 1520. PA 106 for SNA states that waivers must be routed to CNRC (doesn't say anything about routing through OCM). So all I had for my age waiver was my request letter and a letter from my Skipper endorsing my waiver request (so two waiver documents for SNA). I am 32 years old, turning 33 in December. My ASTB scores are 45 5/7/6. Definitely not the best, but good enough to be eligible. I have a friend who has the exact same birthday as me, and had his age waiver approved and got selected for SNA off the May board. He should be at OCS now. However, the difference with him was that he had really high ASTB scores (I think he had an OAR of 60+ and all 7's after that). So it seem like OAR and ASTB scores definitely play a huge role in the selection process and age waiver approvals for 1390 SNA.
I'm in the same boat as you were, I'm 33 and my scores are the minimum. Sorry to hear you couldn't get your age waiver approved but at least your TIS is approved to apply for AMDO. When you submitted your age waiver, was the letter from you to CNRC via CNETC, or just from you to CNRC?

r3coil

I'm in the same boat as you were, I'm 33 and my scores are the minimum. Sorry to hear you couldn't get your age waiver approved but at least your TIS is approved to apply for AMDO. When you submitted your age waiver, was the letter from you to CNRC via CNETC, or just from you to CNRC?
It was just to CNRC. Despite my age waiver for SNA being disapproved, it's alright. Honestly, I only put in for SNA because of the age requirement change that came out in PA 106. It would have bugged me my whole life if didn't at least try for SNA. But applying for AMDO has been my primary goal for multiple years now. Is anyone waiting on CPO results as well? I'm just wondering, because it almost seems like AMDO results will coming out around the same time as CPO results.

guyben

Hello everyone. first time posting on Air Warrior. Was looking for an AMDO 25 September 2020 deadline thread and stumble upon this one. Submitted my package on 15 September 2020. After sending an email to Mr. Celestin inquiring about it, finally got an email confirmation this week and also received my medical approval letter. My TIS waiver was sent to CNRC for consideration as per Mr. Celestin but have not received a response back yet. Good luck to everyone that submitted for October 26 AMDO Board.
AM1(AW/SW)/29 years old
9 years TIS; Board eligible for CPO
Commands (past to present): HSC23, HSC2
Bachelors of Art concentration Math/History (National University)
GPA: 3.65, OAR: 50
Evals (past to present): #1 EP (E5)/ E6 Frocking #1 EP; MP First E-6 (Welcome aboard); EP (#16/100)
Positions held (past to present): Airframes Sup/ Det Lead/ Det LPO; Full Systems QAR; COR, Phase Coordinator, Airframes LPO
Collateral Duties (past to present): FCPOA Vice President, ACFL, CFS, RPPM, Corrosion, Hyd Contam, T&W, Div Career Counselor
Awards: NAM x3; MOVSM; 2016 Wing JSOY
CLE 003 through 008 complete; CLM 003, CLC, SEJPME; PPME, BPME, IEPME, USMAP x 4 complete

r3coil

Been pretty quiet recently. How's everyone doing? Did you get confirmation if your package will be forwarded to the board? The wait for results to come out is brutal. Especially since I submitted my application back in early August. I wonder which results will come out first. AMDO or CPO results.

Triumph_MAC

Been pretty quiet recently. How's everyone doing? Did you get confirmation if your package will be forwarded to the board? The wait for results to come out is brutal. Especially since I submitted my application back in early August. I wonder which results will come out first. AMDO or CPO results.
I'm personally not on this board but I'm still waiting on the results of my age waiver for the 02 Nov SNA board. I hope you all hear results back soon though.

r3coil

I'm personally not on this board but I'm still waiting on the results of my age waiver for the 02 Nov SNA board. I hope you all hear results back soon though.
Good luck! Was hoping to be on that SNA board. Unfortunately the Navy said no to my age waiver request. Hope you get selected!

Nitodc321

Anyone know if I missed results coming out or not? And if I have, what tab in BOL I would see notification of my status. I'm not currently seeing anything under advancement and selection boards.

r3coil

All current AD, do you have anything posted on your Advancements/Selection Boards tab on BOL? When I click on mine it just has the cycle 246 E7 Selection Board Eligibility Results since I'm waiting on CPO results. But it doesn't have anything for AMDO. Was just wondering if anyone has anything posted in regards to AMDO. Also, I know that results won't come out for a couple of weeks still, but does anyone know where to view the pro-rec Y or N tab?

Nitodc321

All current AD, do you have anything posted on your Advancements/Selection Boards tab on BOL? When I click on mine it just has the cycle 246 E7 Selection Board Eligibility Results since I'm waiting on CPO results. But it doesn't have anything for AMDO. Was just wondering if anyone has anything posted in regards to AMDO. Also, I know that results won't come out for a couple of weeks still, but does anyone know where to view the pro-rec Y or N tab?
I know myself and one other AD sailor who submitted for this board don't have anything showing in our BOL's. I emailed Mr. Celestine today about this same topic and he said that there is not running update on BOL while the board is convened. So I guess we're all waiting for these results for any information at this point.

r3coil

I know myself and one other AD sailor who submitted for this board don't have anything showing in our BOL's. I emailed Mr. Celestine today about this same topic and he said that there is not running update on BOL while the board is convened. So I guess we're all waiting for these results for any information at this point.
Okay. Guess we'll just have to wait it out then. Thanks!