• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2019 AMDO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Who wrote and published this document? I don’t believe the AMDO community works this way with alternates, but your best resource is the AMDO OCM to get an official answer.

This is normal for OCS programs, boards that only meet once a year will do selections and sometimes list "alternates" but what they do is list the person John Doe, FY 19 alt/FY 20 primary.

Most of the OCS boards that pick for 2 FY's don't bother to list a person as "alt" but just have a list of people and spread them out to OCS as they need.

Zamora

This is normal for OCS programs, boards that only meet once a year will do selections and sometimes list "alternates" but what they do is list the person John Doe, FY 19 alt/FY 20 primary.

Most of the OCS boards that pick for 2 FY's don't bother to list a person as "alt" but just have a list of people and spread them out to OCS as they need.
In this case they did have alternates. They did select for Fy19 and fy20. So you may be correct in saying they will spread everyone out to OCS.

zachm5

Blue Angels Command LPO (Frontman)
If you were selected as an alternate I would highly recommend contacting the OCM. Many many years, prior to last year, primaries shipped during the current FY and alternates shipped during the following. Which meant EVERYONE shipped, it was just that alternates got an OCS started date after late July which meant they would graduate OCS after OCT 1st. (New FY) Last year was weird because they overshipped the year prior. I was one of the 4 primaries from last years 2018 Board. The 4 of us as well as 2 selects from the 2017 board all shipped in July/August of 18’ which had us all graduating FY 19. I say all this to say.... call the OCM! You could still ship as an ALT! Congrats and good luck!

Goodfou

Out of curiosity, does the DCO program work the same? I was an alternate AMDO select in FY16 and got a call 9 months later saying I was now a Primary, commissioned in FY17.

Zamora

I spoke to Mr. Celestin, he said 12 primaries and 7 alternates. I was also an alternate. He also, told me to stand by and be ready if they end up calling. I dont know why they select so many alternates.

Kikisuke

Good day, everyone! My recruiter said that I’m an Alternate. However, when he tried to look at my information again it said “fy19-094”
What does it mean?
Thank you in advance!

did you eventually go to OCS?

yes your an alternate. So am i. I wonder how many primaries and alternates they chose.
No...I went through the LDO/CWO academy. However, I did get contacted as an alternate by CNRC for a release date to go to OCS but I had already made up my mind to take the ldo route...I'm commissioned already. I spoke to the community manager and if I still want to take 1520 i can laterally convert...but it is really all about timing.

exNavyOffRec

I spoke to Mr. Celestin, he said 12 primaries and 7 alternates. I was also an alternate. He also, told me to stand by and be ready if they end up calling. I dont know why they select so many alternates.

because they select for current and next FY, AMDO just words it different than SWO/SNA/etc......

HornetMO12

13 primaries and 7 alternates. I did notice one of the AMDO selects was also picked up for LDO this year. So there will be one lucky LDO alternate or AMDO alternate depending on what he chooses...