• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2019 AMDO BOARD

HornetMO12

If anyone has any questions please let me know. I was selected this year on the Feb 2018 board. I graduated OCS in OCT and am currently awaiting my AMO school class to start in Jan.
The good old days of being a young AMDO. Hope you’re enjoying AMO school. I had a blast there. Where are you headed next?

Lio

The good old days of being a young AMDO. Hope you’re enjoying AMO school. I had a blast there. Where are you headed next?

ZACHM5: Congrats on being selected and graduating OCS!

I guess my question would be how competitive is it for civilian applicants. I don't see a lot selection from civilian applications. Any inputs?

My profile:
-7 years prior enlisted AM2 (separated at E-5) Good evals nothing lower than 3.4
- Enlisted Air warfare
-Bachelor of Science in Management, Associate of Science in Aeronautics - Embry Riddle Aeronautical University 3.3
- Master in Business Administration - Saint Leo University 3.56
-OAR 51
-Recommendation letters from employer and American Red Cross where I volunteer.
-1 NAM

sampark85

hoping for results to be posted by end of next week. anyone know how long it takes for results to reflect on BOL? good luck to everyone!

HornetMO12

I would say the reason you don’t see a lot of civilian selections is because of the ratio of enlisted to officer applicants. It’s probably about a 10:1 ratio. Potential to be an officer can be seen in a package regardless of whether it comes from an enlisted sailor of civilian applicant. If you have a good gpa, good OAR, good work experience, and solid LORs, I’d say you’re setting yourself up nicely. AMDO is definitely one of the more competitive communities due to the small community and relatively small quota size each year compared to other communities.

exNavyOffRec

ZACHM5: Congrats on being selected and graduating OCS!

I guess my question would be how competitive is it for civilian applicants. I don't see a lot selection from civilian applications. Any inputs?

My profile:
-7 years prior enlisted AM2 (separated at E-5) Good evals nothing lower than 3.4
- Enlisted Air warfare
-Bachelor of Science in Management, Associate of Science in Aeronautics - Embry Riddle Aeronautical University 3.3
- Master in Business Administration - Saint Leo University 3.56
-OAR 51
-Recommendation letters from employer and American Red Cross where I volunteer.
-1 NAM

The info rec'd years ago from NRC from the AMDO board members was that they preferred applicants that had experience in aviation maint of some type, preferred military, and that they also liked those that had post grad degrees, that seemed to follow with those that they were selecting for years, and continues to this day, generally.

Lio

The info rec'd years ago from NRC from the AMDO board members was that they preferred applicants that had experience in aviation maint of some type, preferred military, and that they also liked those that had post grad degrees, that seemed to follow with those that they were selecting for years, and continues to this day, generally.

Thank you for the input!

zachm5

Blue Angels Command LPO (Frontman)
I have been told by someone today they Pro Rec’d yes! So results should be being released. We just had a brief by the AMDO Detailor at our AMO course and he said 13 were being selected. Good Luck!