• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 TBS wait and API

Aspro23

Gents,
I'm a prior sergeant in PLC 12. I am graduating in May n headed to seniors first increment. Since I am graduating a year early I was hoping to bang out a 30 credit masters in the next academic year. My OSO says he ran it up the chain n got word back that I should commission this summer. I am down for that, if it is a signal that the long wait times into tbs have dwindled. Anybody recently commission and have any up to date input on whether this is the case? Also, I am an flight contract so any word on the wait time for flight school after tbs would be appreciated.

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor
My friend who Commissioned on December 19th is set to report to TBS in April. At least, that was what he told me in December. I am unsure if things have changed recently.

b0pric01

pilot
Well, I graduated OCS Summer 09', got my degree August 10', and I finally got a commission date of April 15th coming up. My OSO claims I will either be headed to TBS April 19th or June 5th, but you know how that goes. Either way, I wasn't expecting a report date to be any time before the fall. I am going to call them up today and see if anything has changed. I'll keep you updated.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Concur with Ventilee, the Marines that commissioned at ODU in December are reporting to TBS in April.

b0pric01

pilot
OK so I spoke with my OSO and he said I have a good chance of reporting April 19th to TBS but if that doesn't work out it will be June 5th. As for API, I have no idea I am just grateful to be getting report dates for TBS at this point. A few months ago I was told the wait for API would probably be a while, but you know how things change.

Aspro23

Good for you, I know its gotta be tough being on the shelf this long. I got word from my OSO that the flight physical I had done on active duty is good til May, and I wont be done with OCS til July. Basically meaning that they shot down me staying in school, but that my commission will be floating in limbo. He said if by some means they are able to sort it out on time to expect fall/early winter for TBS. Luckily I have family in Fredericksburg so I have options but I guess 2 years out is long enough to have forgotten the fluid nature the Corps takes on so often.

SemperFi88

I am an aviation contract as well.
I Graduated college December 2010.
Commissioned March 2011 (I had to wait for 4 months after my flight physical was cleared).
My TBS date is 5 July 2011 (If I i start right away I will be in TBS 6-11, Fox Company).

My OSO told me that Aviation contracts tend to get earlier TBS dates than most at varying times because there has to be a certain number of aviation contracts in each TBS class.

Hopefully this helps.

My OSO said that Air contracts get hooked up with earlier TBS dates because we get notoriously screwed over with our commissionings because of waiting on flight physicals. I don't know how accurate that is, but the last air guy to have commissioned recently only had to wait two months. I also have a friend commissioning this weekend, a ground guy, reporting in october.

candidate2010

...I was hoping to bang out a 30 credit masters in the next academic year...

Just out of curiosity, at what institution of higher education were you planning on banging out said 30 credit masters program? I am looking for something similar and can only find 36-38 credit programs that would take just a little too long. Thanks!

AirGrunt15

pilot
Graduated TBS 1 July 2010. Starting API in April 2011. Expect the wait time to change by the time you get here and include the possibility of a 2-3 month TAD trip while you're waiting.

b0pric01

pilot
Graduated TBS 1 July 2010. Starting API in April 2011. Expect the wait time to change by the time you get here and include the possibility of a 2-3 month TAD trip while you're waiting.

Dang, I just got my orders for TBS so I am excited LOL. I should be finishing TBS around December of this year; I wonder what the wait time will be like by then?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
So hard to predict. I had an 8 month wait, a buddy of mine who graduated with the same TBS Company, but one year earlier, started 2 weeks after he showed up in Pensacola.

I think about ~8 months +/- a few has been the norm for guys for the last year or two.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

The wait is slowly getting shorter. I waited a solid year...