• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 JAN 2019 OCS Class

Volley203

You could bring one but honestly the senior class leaves extra phone cards there for the junior classes to use. I left 3 that I never used because there was like 10 at every phone.
If you stop by the USO at the airport, they give you free phone cards. Just ask the receptionist at the USO. That's what I did.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
New balance shoes are issued to you...? that's kind of awesome. I last visited a little less than a year ago on a cross country and it was very far from the OCS I knew, the Old Nimitz hall was a field of grass, SUYA and cookie jar gone from what i could tell; and the uniforms and conduct in the mess hall seemed much more relaxed. I'm sure the Di's have their methods to create the same training regardless.

I wouldn't rap yourself around too much prior, my closest friend to this day was the last person i would have ever expected when we were filling out paper work the very first day. I'd just arrange a meet up prior if it makes sense the night before so there is a few familiar faces day one, other than that, the training takes care of its self. If you have a will and a way; you will improvise, adapt, and overcome. -Cheers

AlkaRocket

Question for you folks:

What happens if I show up to OCS with laryngitis?

Situation:

I caught a cold last Tuesday and lost my voice a few days later. Fast-fwd to today: I'm doing my best to rest my voice and hydrate, but I can't speak very loudly or shout/yell.

My recruiter told me that I won't be dismissed outright as long as I'm not hacking my guts up, but beyond that he doesn't know.
Would I be allowed to stay in this class or would I be held back after medical exams? (SNA designator)

Thanks!

Meyerkord

pilot
Question for you folks:

What happens if I show up to OCS with laryngitis?

Situation:

I caught a cold last Tuesday and lost my voice a few days later. Fast-fwd to today: I'm doing my best to rest my voice and hydrate, but I can't speak very loudly or shout/yell.

My recruiter told me that I won't be dismissed outright as long as I'm not hacking my guts up, but beyond that he doesn't know.
Would I be allowed to stay in this class or would I be held back after medical exams? (SNA designator)

Thanks!
You'll be fine. You have another week to rest up, and the first week isn't very loud until Friday anyways. If somehow you're still hacking up guts, they'll send you to medical and give you some stuff to take. I wouldn't worry about it.