• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

19 Lt's Slotted for March TBS pushed to April Class

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I'll make this simple:

"Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out."

If you don't like the uninviting undertone of OCS selection, you very well might not like OCS. It sounds like you aare sowing seeds of doubt. I finished OCS a year and some before commissioning and I didn't get PTAD for 2 months after that. I was prior enlisted and I didn't rate anything. You don't rate PTAD if you are not employed by DOD in any way.

Reading this I noticed that I sound like a dick. I am, but this is the Marine Corps and we like shit to be hard for those going through the same stuff we went through so we know we can rely on our subordinates.

aukonak

Hey, if it's how things work, it's how things work. I'm not sowing any seeds of doubt at this point, merely pointing out that there are plenty of things that the OSO's don't mention that one could prepare for...i.e. the possible wait times between OCS and commissioning and the fact that being "selected" to attend OCS means nothing until you're physically there. If I'd known this, I wouldn't have changed my mind by any means, I would have prepared for that scenario instead of trusting that I was "good to go" as my OSO told me.

I was led to believe I was going to OCS (even got a nice little certificate) barring a physical injury or change of heart on my part...I quit my job, moved out of my place. Since then I've had to crash on couches, get loans from family, and am still searching for a job.

Mistake on my part? Sure, it's a lesson learned, I shouldn't have quit my job so soon, nor should I have been so trusting and complacent. I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm not bashing the Corps or its selection process, I'm just citing an example that upset my life a lot and I've only heard about similar cases with others AFTER it happened to me which is unfortunate.

The poster may have caused some issues by implying the Corps "owes him" PTAD, I have no issue with having to fend for one's self as long as it's something we're given advanced warning of so we don't go into debt immediately after OCS (or before even getting a chance to attend in my case).

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
Current OCS Attrition

Here are the current OCC 200 numbers:
306 in training across 7 PLT's
132 training drops
42 NO SHOW
25 initial drops

Here are a FEW of the drop reasons:
61 medical reasons
46 DOR
3 integrity
2 academic
2 leadership

These are of course approximate numbers and I grouped a lot of categories together to keep it vague. The majority of drops occurred around week three. These numbers actually look very good compared to last classes and I'm fairly surprised they aren't higher due to the weather and season.

aukonak

Here are the current OCC 200 numbers:
306 in training across 7 PLT's
132 training drops
42 NO SHOW
25 initial drops

Here are a FEW of the drop reasons:
61 medical reasons
46 DOR
3 integrity
2 academic
2 leadership

These are of course approximate numbers and I grouped a lot of categories together to keep it vague. The majority of drops occurred around week three. These numbers actually look very good compared to last classes and I'm fairly surprised they aren't higher due to the weather and season.

I read on Marineocs.com that one of the integrity violations was from a guy that wanted to practice the O-Course while he was on firewatch, and convinced another guy to lie for him...