• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1520(AMDO)

xHunter

Good Morning everyone,

I looked around the forums and didn’t get a clear answer and just wanted to see if I can get a for sure answer on if I am able to become a 1520 with red/green color blindness.

If I am not what are the designations that accept colorblind. Thank you in advance and sorry if this questions has been asked a million times

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good Morning everyone,

I looked around the forums and didn’t get a clear answer and just wanted to see if I can get a for sure answer on if I am able to become a 1520 with red/green color blindness.

If I am not what are the designations that accept colorblind. Thank you in advance and sorry if this questions has been asked a million times

MANMED chapter 15 and the individual program authorizations discuss specific medical requirements.

Also, being that you’re enlisted I suggest you reach you to your CCC and find an officer mentor or two to help you out.

xHunter

MANMED chapter 15 and the individual program authorizations discuss specific medical requirements.

Also, being that you’re enlisted I suggest you reach you to your CCC and find an officer mentor or two to help you out.
I appreciate your fast response. I currently have been in talks with my CCC for mentorship, but as far as packet and answers they are all LDO's and have been good help with streamlining interviews, and setting up officers for appraisals. Getting the packet together is the area of struggle I am finding.

exNavyOffRec

Look at some of the other AMDO threads as there could be some applicants who are also color blind and have already found out the answer.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I appreciate your fast response. I currently have been in talks with my CCC for mentorship, but as far as packet and answers they are all LDO's and have been good help with streamlining interviews, and setting up officers for appraisals. Getting the packet together is the area of struggle I am finding.

This is the primary job of a CCC for OCS packages. If they don't know what they're doing, you need to address that with him/her and even get your CoC involved.

Jacksa71

I don’t understand why you are an asking a forum when you can literally go to medical and get the answer. They have to sign your medical paperwork as “medically qualified”.

Jacksa71

This is the primary job of a CCC for OCS packages. If they don't know what they're doing, you need to address that with him/her and even get your CoC involved.
I know you post a lot about CCCs should be helping AD members but I haven’t seen one that knows exactly how the process goes. They might sign off on it as the initial reviewer but they are just going off the checklist.