• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC 12 x F-35B's on America "Greatest concentration of maritime force in history"

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Quite honestly, when I saw the flight deck pic, I had to admit, you Marines won the procurement battle. We all scoffed at how you didn't buy F/A-18E/F (myself included) and bled high time F/A-18A-D's to death in the process. However, you are now deploying a small deck with F-35B, AH-1Z, UH-1Y, MV-22……..that's like 11 trillion billion dollars worth of acquisition/test/hardware purchases, and some of the highest BuNo's in the entire DoN. If I were a Marine, I'd have a real boner right now. Since I'm not, I don't, but good for you guys and gals, and certainly good for the larger Armed Forces.

Pags

N/A
pilot
interesting demo. Be curious as to how this would fold in to the bigger MEU conops. Do you need to have another LHD nearby to hold the rest of the ACE? Along that line of thought it's nice it worked in a demo but having 2xH-1 and 2xV-22s is a recipe for having between 0 and 1 green arrows.

robav8r

None
Contributor
It will be interesting to see what Big Navy does with bolstering the defenses of the ARG now that F-35's are in the mix. I can't see how you would put this capability to sea without some SSN & AEGIS Air Defense support for starters . . .

robav8r

None
Contributor
So, some sort of Expeditionary Strike Group?
Yeah, yeah I know. I just don't see the resourcing numbers available to give the ARG's the requisite support they need now. Once they in-chop to 5th & 7th Fleet, I'm sure they'll get "better" protection, but it will be at the cost of other requirements CVN's/CSG's for example. Maybe we need a 35o ship Navy . . . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yeah, yeah I know. I just don't see the resourcing numbers available to give the ARG's the requisite support they need now. Once they in-chop to 5th & 7th Fleet, I'm sure they'll get "better" protection, but it will be at the cost of other requirements CVN's/CSG's for example. Maybe we need a 35o ship Navy . . . . .
Agreed. Lack of LCSs isn't helping DDG availability for ESGs.