• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1001 questions (and answers) concerning BDCP

exNavyOffRec

Show them your contract. You go to e-5 paygrade immediately at graduation. Your recruiting office isn't in a position to make a decision about whether or not to give you that money. I don't have any advice as to what to do, but you are in the right.

Prior enlisted do not take a pay cut to go to OCS, they maintain the paygrade while at OCS, though I guess they do give up the rank.
This is correct, it is not an NRD decision, push the issue.

I have put several reservist in, they go at their current enlisted paygrade, it takes a few phone calls to get it all straightened out but easy enough.

leigh321

This is a pretty dumb question, but I really don't understand the BDCP leave policy. By the time I receive my commission, I'll have accumulated roughly 60 days of leave (after 2 years in BDCP). Will I really be able to use this two months of leave at some point during my naval career? Thanks.

BackOrdered

Contributor
This is a pretty dumb question, but I really don't understand the BDCP leave policy. By the time I receive my commission, I'll have accumulated roughly 60 days of leave (after 2 years in BDCP). Will I really be able to use this two months of leave at some point during my naval career? Thanks.

Approving extra baby leave during shore duty (a whole month and change) was the most generous amount of leave I used my 60 days for (it's boy).

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
My recruiter did talk to the processor and that's what he said it will probably be pushed up. So your saying that I might actually have to wait till January 2013 till OCS, that is 8 months of the Navy paying me to sit around.

Doubt it will stay the same. I graduated may 2010 the whole time I was supposed to go tos ocs in June 2010 all the way up may, then I got moved around a few times. Then a final on august 2010, which I didn't receive my orders until they were faxed to me in VA on my drive to Newport. Just expect it to change and enjoy the money while your not stuck 20 hrs from family and friendsin Newport or south Texas, or you know actually deployed. Plus I'd much rather not go to ocs in the winter, august does suck and the black flag days, when you stay out anyways, but I hated pt inside.either way you have the best deal in the navy.

Written by a fourth grader on my iPad.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor

Use it between ocs and p'cola and every where between, you will build it back in flight school. I have never been below 30 days reserve.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Show them your contract. You go to e-5 paygrade immediately at graduation. Your recruiting office isn't in a position to make a decision about whether or not to give you that money. I don't have any advice as to what to do, but you are in the right.

Prior enlisted do not take a pay cut to go to OCS, they maintain the paygrade while at OCS, though I guess they do give up the rank.

Document document document, keep pay vouchers, I never got e5 between graduating and ocs, they forever said they were working on it at ocs the twice I got to go ask admin about it. Never saw it, but it is possible I just sent it that fast after commissioning. Asked about it in p'cola and they looked at me confused and said we know nothing about that.

yakboyslim

None
That sucks. I had an incredible NRD office that did everything I needed them to very quickly. Never had any problems. My pay went to e5 the month I graduated. I never even had to get the money retroactively.

I didn't even have to ask about it. They called me and told me to come in and sign the paper work a few weeks before I graduated.

Jrhensley7

So I am trying to get into the BDCP program but my no one seems to know if I can because I am full time online at Embry-Riddle. The school is fully accredited and such but so I dont know why their would be a problem. Has anyone else gone through this? I have read some stuff here but it is conflicting at times. Any information would be appreciated.​

BackOrdered

Contributor
So I am trying to get into the BDCP program but my no one seems to know if I can because I am full time online at Embry-Riddle. The school is fully accredited and such but so I dont know why their would be a problem. Has anyone else gone through this? I have read some stuff here but it is conflicting at times. Any information would be appreciated.​

Right now BDCP is suspended. No word on how long. All the same, if it was open, I can imagine it being impossibly competitive, especially for a full time online degree student.

exNavyOffRec

Online schools are specifically not allowed for BDCP, if it was open that is.

jarhead2b

Online schools are specifically not allowed for BDCP, if it was open that is.
BDCP is available to accredited universities where online programs are offered. I know, I did it while in BDCP. Never was an issue, apply if they say no, try again and repeat.

exNavyOffRec

BDCP is available to accredited universities where online programs are offered. I know, I did it while in BDCP. Never was an issue, apply if they say no, try again and repeat.

not anymore, specifically addressed and not allowed, has to be butts in the seats for the majority of the classes