• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

skb832

I recently scored a 63 7/5/7 on the ASTB. I am applying for SNA. Just wondering if someone has any experience weeing people with decent ASTB scores but a poor PFAR score that was selected. Trying to decide if I need to retake.

BusterScruggs

Stupid question but I'm asking anyways: For the emergency procedures, when you are instructed to turn the knobs to either high or low, high is all the way to the right, and low is all the way to the left for both knobs, correct?

ccrutchfield

Stupid question but I'm asking anyways: For the emergency procedures, when you are instructed to turn the knobs to either high or low, high is all the way to the right, and low is all the way to the left for both knobs, correct?

I believe you are correct, the test instructions and the trial run beforehand should tell you and allow you to practice though. When I took it, it explained everything beforehand and gave me an opportunity to familiarize myself with the controls.

datsekcey

hey I have a question, did the second time you take it, was it harder? I heard the first one is tier 1 questions, the second is tier 2 questions and the third one is really hard

how was it for you? I will be taking it again and I’m scared.
hey I have a question, did the second time you take it, was it harder? I heard the first one is tier 1 questions, the second is tier 2 questions and the third one is really hard

how was it for you? I will be taking it again and I’m scared.

The 2nd time I took the exam was much harder than my first time but I think more or less because it is an adaptive test, I was already doing pretty poorly on the questions and that includes the easy ones.

Shheen

Howdy,

Has anyone gotten word of the next board date? Just trying to schedule out my medical to meet requirements.

cheers

_mDon08

BusterScruggs

Does anyone know if the Marine Corps one-point waiver still exists? Took my last attempt today and I scored 55 6/5/6 , missed the PFAR minimum by one point.

davidc1220

Taking my test this morning, I feel confident yet nervous. Any last minute tips that anyone would like to offer? Also on the UAV, does it matter more if you get the question right rather than fast or do you just have to be fast? My main focus is on the ANIT, UAV and PBM so if you have any last minute ideas or tips for those, let me know!!! I'll post my results when I'm done today

vbts13

Taking my test this morning, I feel confident yet nervous. Any last minute tips that anyone would like to offer? Also on the UAV, does it matter more if you get the question right rather than fast or do you just have to be fast? My main focus is on the ANIT, UAV and PBM so if you have any last minute ideas or tips for those, let me know!!! I'll post my results when I'm done today
good luck homie, I take mine next Tuesday

davidc1220

Hey yall

Well its official, I finally passed the damn test lol
I am so thankful for all of yall on here. I never thought i would actually get to do my post on here, but here it is yall. This is for all of you, for helping me make it past this milestone!

OAR 46, 5 ,7, 6, Shooting for USMC Pilot

Math: I basically had algebra and geometry, no calculus or anything crazy, alot of probability questions.

Reading: Dry, boring, almost ran out of time but literally the answers are in the text

Mechanical: i got a little bit of everything from electrical to springs, heat, pressure, balance forces. Everything was conceptual, don't over think the problems. Keep them simple.

ANIT: I mainly got questions regarding parts with planes and boats but also some general aviation questions in regards to performance and random ones like icing temperature.

UAV: averaged 2-3 seconds on each and only missed one. Other than that, USE THE COMPASS TRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without it, I probably would've failed

PBM: Just do the best you can on it, write your emergency procedures and focus on the sounds in the ears on the headsets

Overall, I've studied for months off and on and I went in nervous but confident and that helped out alot. This was my second time taking it and I'm so happy it was my last