• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04 NOV 2018 OCS Class-up

Meyerkord

pilot
We have been discussing lodging and transportation in depth on our class FB page. But, from my understanding Orange Cab is the only company that have base passes and you will be reimbursed for the cab right as long as you get a receipt
This is correct. Orange can get on base and Uber/Lyft cannot. It was about $110 to get from the airport to the Navy Lodge on base. And yes, you get reimbursed for everything travel related.

calidude620

Had my orders in hand, my lucky bag packed with fox rivers and motivation, my room booked, ready to go in 10 days, but alas, it was not to be. Delay on security paperwork; bumped to the next class. Apparently they are behind in general, and it's luckily not a specific issue with mine. Good luck everyone, and I'll see you there, albeit a few weeks late. On the bright side, a room just opened up at the Gateway Inn on base if anyone needs one. Checking out.

zoeth

Over 9000
Had my orders in hand, my lucky bag packed with fox rivers and motivation, my room booked, ready to go in 10 days, but alas, it was not to be. Delay on security paperwork; bumped to the next class. Apparently they are behind in general, and it's luckily not a specific issue with mine. Good luck everyone, and I'll see you there, albeit a few weeks late. On the bright side, a room just opened up at the Gateway Inn on base if anyone needs one. Checking out.
That sucks man, it's really crazy that you already even had your orders in hand and got that phone call!
I don't even have my orders yet so that makes me nervous...
Did you ever have your clearance interview? Did your SF-86 get messed up? What went wrong if you don't mind me asking?

calidude620

That sucks man, it's really crazy that you already even had your orders in hand and got that phone call!
Did you ever have your clearance interview? Did your SF-86 get messed up? What went wrong if you don't mind me asking?

My recruiter said nothing had gone wrong with mine in particular, just that the paperwork hadn’t processed yet. I asked specifically because that was my concern as well. I had a Secret as a prior and an interim Secret recently, so maybe they are gathering that info as well. I never interviewed for my Secret; didn’t have to last go around, but maybe that’s changed with recent security issues and what not. When I checked out of the Facebook group, it sounded like this has happened to a few people, so hopefully not a big deal.

AULANI

I didn't get my FINSEL until the Thursday before OCS started.

zoeth

Over 9000
Date was pushed to 25 November class, got the call from OR this morning. Same thing as Calidude, security snafu and delays (Thankfully I got my interview done now though)

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
I'm currently in student pool, having been TNPQ'd from 04-19. If you guys have any questions about this place or about OCS, ask away.

Checking in! I'm going in for the Nov 4 Class. Just signed up on the facebook group too!

Quick question: Any tips for running in the cold? I'm from Florida and I'm not used to running in cold weather...I'm nervous for my run time. I'm wondering if it's really going to affect it? Thanks in advance!

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Checking in! I'm going in for the Nov 4 Class. Just signed up on the facebook group too!

Quick question: Any tips for running in the cold? I'm from Florida and I'm not used to running in cold weather...I'm nervous for my run time. I'm wondering if it's really going to affect it? Thanks in advance!
You'll butcher the IST because everybody does, cold or not.

In every other situation:

Attachments

• L88mBul.jpg
    L88mBul.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 7

Meyerkord

pilot
Any tips for running in the cold? I'm from Florida and I'm not used to running in cold weather...I'm nervous for my run time. I'm wondering if it's really going to affect it? Thanks in advance!
Honestly, not really, you just gotta do it. I'd say it does have an effect, but do your best regardless of the temp and that's really all you can do.