• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04 NOV 2018 OCS Class-up

zoeth

Over 9000
im still on the fence if im going to drive or not, kinda worried about taking my car into the winter conditions (on the return in feb.) either way ill be there the night before so i need to look into the hotel situation.

I am definitely driving since I only live like 6 hours from Newport, I am also not all that worried about weather since I drive a Raptor. I bet my truck is gonna be is filled with classmates for liberty call :rolleyes:

I'm gonna make some reservations at one of the two hotel/motels soon, I also wanna get there decently early the day before so I have time to walk around and explore the base a little bit and get some chow etc.

calidude620

im still on the fence if im going to drive or not, kinda worried about taking my car into the winter conditions (on the return in feb.) either way ill be there the night before so i need to look into the hotel situation.

I am in the same boat. My car is ill equipped for a harsh winter. Leaning towards flying up. Will have to make friends who are used to driving in a few feet of snow I guess haha.

n558759

Screenshot_20181004-132935_Gallery.jpg
As you can see here our official class number is 19020, but I've seen the 06-19 format used more commonly.

Side note, I've always lived in the south so winter in the northeast is definitely going to be an experience. I've never seen more than 2 or 3 inches of snow before, and that was a very rare occasion down here.

Meyerkord

pilot
Will have to make friends who are used to driving in a few feet of snow I guess haha
You'll probably never see that much snow in Newport. The average high temps are still above freezing, even in January and February.

As you can see here our official class number is 19020, but I've seen the 06-19 format used more commonly.
The only time you'll use the 19020 format is when you're taking a test on a computer. Otherwise it'll always be 06-19.

Dan2321

Was supposed to be with the 14OCT class, but messed up a section on my SF-86. Hoping to get slotted in to this class! SNFO coming from PA

zoeth

Over 9000
Was supposed to be with the 14OCT class, but messed up a section on my SF-86. Hoping to get slotted in to this class! SNFO coming from PA
Couldn't you have fixed this at your interview? Or did like the whole package get kicked back and never even had an interview? Those sf-86 are a PITA.

Dan2321

Couldn't you have fixed this at your interview? Or did like the whole package get kicked back and never even had an interview? Those sf-86 are a PITA.
I wish. Went in today to swear in, but they found out as I was driving there. Guess the whole package got kicked. Long story short, I have family in Canada, have a bank account up there, and didn’t go in to enough detail about it as I needed to. Recruiter said the earliest he could get me in is this class, but no guarantees. Fun stuff huh?

zoeth

Over 9000
I wish. Went in today to swear in, but they found out as I was driving there. Guess the whole package got kicked. Long story short, I have family in Canada, have a bank account up there, and didn’t go in to enough detail about it as I needed to. Recruiter said the earliest he could get me in is this class, but no guarantees. Fun stuff huh?

O wow so you never even had a sit-down the the interviewer!
Gotta make sure none of those evil Canadians don't slip through the cracks I guess :rolleyes:

zoeth

Over 9000
Oh yea, guys and gals, I am pretty sure our OCS class start day (4Nov18) is the first day of daylight savings, so plan accordingly otherwise you might be standing around an extra hour.