• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04 MAR 19 IWC BOARD

DanQuixote

Checking in very late after some major lurking on this thread. PROREC-Y 1830. Tentative OCS date 18 AUG 19. Still waiting on that FINSEL letter.

AULANI

Will I be notified when I’ve passed the “pre-screen” process? Or is the FINSEL the notification that you’re good to go to OCS until the full adjudication?
They'll run a basic background check on you before you go to OCS to make sure you aren't a serial killer. While at OCS they'll conduct a background check in order for you to get a SECRET clearance which you'll need before you attend NIOBC, IP Basic, or CWO school. While you are in school they'll conduct another investigation in order for you to get an interim TS/SCI which you'll need to finish the last portion of school. Like @Hair Warrior said, your final TS/SCI adjudication could take a good amount of time.

whentherearenine

They'll run a basic background check on you before you go to OCS to make sure you aren't a serial killer. While at OCS they'll conduct a background check in order for you to get a SECRET clearance which you'll need before you attend NIOBC, IP Basic, or CWO school. While you are in school they'll conduct another investigation in order for you to get an interim TS/SCI which you'll need to finish the last portion of school. Like @Hair Warrior said, your final TS/SCI adjudication could take a good amount of time.

Makes sense! Just anxious to hear that the basic serial killer check is complete and that a sweet, sweet FINSEL is on the horizon. Gave my current employer a notice around the estimated late summer ship dates I was given-- and just hoping to not be underemployed for too long.

aadame13

my recruiter confirmed i am in for july 28 unless someone drops out of july 7 class he will try to get me in for that date.

still no final select letter as of now and curious if anyone else recently received one from this board

scs_mh60

I'm a civilian applicant but I just heard back on Tues (unfortunately it was a no). My recruiter told me he heard from the packet processor, not from a system update. Hope you hear something soon and good luck on the next board if this one was a no!

I noticed that your signature currently says you were ProRec'd Y and have an OCS date. First, congratulations, and secondly, what happened that they gave you two different answers?

amarie

I noticed that your signature currently says you were ProRec'd Y and have an OCS date. First, congratulations, and secondly, what happened that they gave you two different answers?
Thanks!! And sorry for the delay

So, I don't really know what happened. My recruiter called me one day and said he received a call asking to bump up my OCS date (this is like a month after the ProRec-N notification and we had already started discussing how I could improve my kit for the next time). Later that night my status was updated in the system from N to Y and my interview was getting scheduled and my OCS date was confirmed. I spoke to my previous recruiter (he PCS'd midway through my process but has kept in touch) and he said he'd seen that happen a couple of times. So... ?‍♀️

exNavyOffRec

Thanks!! And sorry for the delay

So, I don't really know what happened. My recruiter called me one day and said he received a call asking to bump up my OCS date (this is like a month after the ProRec-N notification and we had already started discussing how I could improve my kit for the next time). Later that night my status was updated in the system from N to Y and my interview was getting scheduled and my OCS date was confirmed. I spoke to my previous recruiter (he PCS'd midway through my process but has kept in touch) and he said he'd seen that happen a couple of times. So... ?‍♀️

So I have seen it where on the list a person was a Y but the system said N, it is people that input those things so people make mistakes, I have also seen it where one of my people was listed as a Y and a N, again people typing the list and people make mistakes.

amarie

So I have seen it where on the list a person was a Y but the system said N, it is people that input those things so people make mistakes, I have also seen it where one of my people was listed as a Y and a N, again people typing the list and people make mistakes.
I figured as much but wasn’t sure if maybe I was a backup person or something. However it happened I’m just glad to have gotten the Y, I was about to start applying to grad schools per your recommendation so just happy to be studying appendix bravo instead of the GRE :) thanks for letting me know you’ve seen this happen too! Helps alleviate some of the panic that it’s gonna get flipped back to a No.

DanQuixote

I figured as much but wasn’t sure if maybe I was a backup person or something. However it happened I’m just glad to have gotten the Y, I was about to start applying to grad schools per your recommendation so just happy to be studying appendix bravo instead of the GRE :) thanks for letting me know you’ve seen this happen too! Helps alleviate some of the panic that it’s gonna get flipped back to a No.
Congrats on getting that ProRec Y! I posted this on the Final Select Purgatory thread, but it may help you here. There's a Facebook group for the 18 AUG 19 OCS class. Search "OCS 18AUG19" and you'll find it. There's some up-to-date gouge there in case you're interested.

amarie

Congrats on getting that ProRec Y! I posted this on the Final Select Purgatory thread, but it may help you here. There's a Facebook group for the 18 AUG 19 OCS class. Search "OCS 18AUG19" and you'll find it. There's some up-to-date gouge there in case you're interested.
Thank you! Joined yesterday, lots of good gouge :) see ya in Newport