• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Word is the good idea fairy made it to the USMC and a bunch of dudes “lost” (hopefully just not painted on the aircraft) callsigns they’ve had for years.

navyterp67

pilot
We had a helo girl in the airwing complain about a callsign on one of our jets to her front office, and they brought it to our Skipper. It literally had nothing to do with her interpretation of it, and was completely innocent. Needless to say, it was removed from the jet the next day. Standard.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
We had a helo girl in the airwing complain about a callsign on one of our jets to her front office, and they brought it to our Skipper. It literally had nothing to do with her interpretation of it, and was completely innocent. Needless to say, it was removed from the jet the next day. Standard.
Fake moral outrage is self serving. She now feels more powerful and morally superior.

And another POV.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Word is the good idea fairy made it to the USMC and a bunch of dudes “lost” (hopefully just not painted on the aircraft) callsigns they’ve had for years.

I think it's confined to the Hornet community right now, I haven't seen anything about it circulating around Cherry Point/MAG-14.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor

Man, I hope that comes full circle in some sweet fo'csle follies...or is that verboten too?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Man, I hope that comes full circle in some sweet fo'csle follies...or is that verboten too?
Probably depends on the CSG commander and/or how much each front office screens JOPA's humor before the show.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Buddy" is half a word . . .

origin.jpg

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Fair enough. My overarching point (opinion) is that we have stripped far too much authority and responsibility from O5 Commanders.
That’s a popular narrative, and one that is wrong more often than it’s right, though specific community affiliation might vary your milage.

Last edited:

robav8r

None
Contributor
That’s a popular narrative, and one that is wrong more often than its right, though specific community affiliation might vary your milage.
To each is own. I have seen (personally) far too many examples of our Navy preventing our Commanders from the autonomy necessary to lead. But, I’m old, retired, and not relevant in your eyes, so there’s that. Cheers ?