• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fixing the glitch: Please post here if you lost access to private forums recently

Meyerkord

pilot
FWIW, I can see PNA and private helo (just recently got access, so maybe that affected it) if that helps you debug anything. I don’t think I lost them at any point

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Hate to complicate the issue, but I still don't see the PNA forum on my list on the home page.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hate to complicate the issue, but I still don't see the PNA forum on my list on the home page.

It looks like the issue is the Warzone. I thought I fixed the permissions, but I'll have to spend more time looking at it. I'll try tonight at work, but no promises.

If someone was willing to un-opt in from the Warzone and see if you can see PNA and then report back, that would be helpful.

croakerfish

pilot
It looks like the issue is the Warzone. I thought I fixed the permissions, but I'll have to spend more time looking at it. I'll try tonight at work, but no promises.

If someone was willing to un-opt in from the Warzone and see if you can see PNA and then report back, that would be helpful.

I just opted out of the War Zone and it didn’t bring back PNA.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Might need to give it a 1/2 hour either way. The server runs those requests in batches on a schedule.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm running out of ideas. Which is code for I'm exceeding my abilities.

@croakerfish like Nit said, see if it comes back after some time.

@Gonzo08 I manually removed you from the Warzone. This is just a test to see if what I did is "different" than doing it on the user level. It probably won't be, but figured I'd give it a shot. Give it overnight and see if you can see PNA in the morning.

If neither of these works, then I'm clearly not understanding what the node permissions are doing and need John's help. Since I've created new nodes before, I thought what I did earlier would fix the issue.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome to my civ job . . . except it involves working on other parts of the software, planning out what you're going to do in the next two weeks, and then some chucklehead chucks something like this over the fence and claims it really really needs to be fixed now.

Sometimes it does. Sometimes they can go pound sand for two weeks and we'll get to it.

croakerfish

pilot

@Gonzo08 I manually removed you from the Warzone. This is just a test to see if what I did is "different" than doing it on the user level. It probably won't be, but figured I'd give it a shot. Give it overnight and see if you can see PNA in the morning.

If neither of these works, then I'm clearly not understanding what the node permissions are doing and need John's help. Since I've created new nodes before, I thought what I did earlier would fix the issue.

Looks like I have access again. I’ll opt back in to the war zone and see if that affects it.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None

Looks like I also have access again. I'll also see if opting in to Warzone removes it.