• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worst duty stations

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
What are some of the worst duty stations out there? And by worst, I don't mean by billet, but location and the surrounding town (i.e. it sucks if there's nothing to do after work but sit on your ass and watch TV). Here are the three that come to mind for me, feel free to add to the list!

NAWS China Lake
Twenty Nine Palms
GTMO

Meridian, MS... The only thing that this town has going for it is it's proximity to bigger and better towns. Granted you don't mind driving a couple of hours.

Lemoore, CA... Meridian with a couple of palm trees.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
No brainer.

Worst duty stations: The one at which you are now stationed.

Best: The station you are going to next.

I enjoyed Diego Garcia. No per diem either. But the diving was great, fishing even better. Guam, when there were no hotels, at all, save the Trust Territory hostel. Same reason as DG: Great boar hunting, super diving, good fishing. Laid back life style, few hassels.

Was in Beijing for 5 months in mid-late 70's, incognito, disliked it; so much to do, so much to see, but restricted activities, watched constantly, saw little, did little. That is where I developed my paranoia and became the crumudgeon.

WashDC was great. High profile, high energy workaholic. Official parties to attend, including many Embassy affairs.

What I am saying is that all are what you make of them. I was single for all but the last 2 years, that fact makes a huge difference. My bag was always packed, ready to get underway, any destination, any time.

:D :D :D

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
White Sands Missile Range, on a side note you can see it from space w/o a telescope. The white sand shows up....

NavyLonghorn

"No brainer.

Worst duty stations: The one at which you are now stationed.

Best: The station you are going to next."

I like corpus....

Southern Ag

pilot
It seems the people who dont like vance either have never seen it[and thus have no credibility], or they are arrogant yanks from boston n NYwho think anything not on the coast is hickville.

KBayDog

Southern Ag said:
It seems the people who dont like vance either have never seen it[and thus have no credibility]...

That's certainly the case with me. However, I'd prefer to "have no credibility" and never see Vance, thus keeping it a myth in my mind.

Remember the dog "Chopper" from Stand By Me? "Chopper was my first lesson in the vast difference between myth and reality." It's kind of like that. Vance is my Chopper.

"Sic 'em, boy."

I'd be willing to bet, though, that NavyVance has a little bit of credibility.