• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey commutes and PNW Traffic Circle Esoterica

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Okay all,
Using my own mega-thread for selfish purposes...
BAH looks like shit for Whidbey ($2136 for O-4 with dependa) considering the market.

Looking for pet-friendly house for us. Prefer 3/2 or 4/2 with at least 2,000 sq/ft and a fenced in yard (for dogs).

We would, of course, love an acreage to bring the horses to, but that is pretty much a unicorn.

Moving out there next summer (late June/early July) and will have 30 month orders. Will happily sign for entire time...

Let me know what y’all have. Trying to keep under/close to BAH...

Pickle

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some folks are now living in Mt Vernon. Given the number of critters you have, that might be a good avenue to pursue for your horses.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That seems about right, maybe shorter if you're not way out in the boonies.

jtdees

Puddle Jumper
pilot
Driving to OH is fine almost any hour, but somehow 20 is getting clobbered eastbound most afternoons. Drive home may be aggravating.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Pickle, I have buddy moving soon from OH. He has a horse. I’ll ask what his deal is. No idea if the timeline will match up.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

exNavyOffRec

Nice. They needed that years ago. The timing on that left turn arrow coming back to Whidbey from Mt Vernon is positively maddening. Especially in tourist season.

well just wait until it is installed then you will see how jacked up a roundabout is because too many people have no clue how to use it, I have been dealing with several roundabouts for years now and several times a week I run into the following: person stops at entrance to roundabout with no traffic (most common) or person doesn't stop and darts in front of traffic in roundabout.

If people know how to use them I feel it could make driving life better, but the main one I deal with has done nothing but cause traffic backups.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
well just wait until it is installed then you will see how jacked up a roundabout is because too many people have no clue how to use it, I have been dealing with several roundabouts for years now and several times a week I run into the following: person stops at entrance to roundabout with no traffic (most common) or person doesn't stop and darts in front of traffic in roundabout.

If people know how to use them I feel it could make driving life better, but the main one I deal with has done nothing but cause traffic backups.
There are already several roundabouts installed in Anacortes, and they seem to work just fine.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
It is going to be terrible. If you are trying to leave Anacortes you will be permanently yielding to Oak Harbor traffic.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is going to be terrible. If you are trying to leave Anacortes you will be permanently yielding to Oak Harbor traffic.
The design I saw had a dedicated east and westbound lane going straight through the roundabout, I.E., you only enter the circle if you're going to or coming from Whidbey.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How? You would enter the roundabout first, so you would have right of way.

Edit. Ah, right. Traffic TO Oak Harbor.

Last edited: