• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to live at NPS?

usmcecho4

pilot
Anyone have any recommendations on where to live while at NPS? Want to be as close to whatever consitutes nightlife as possible.

s/f,
usmcecho4

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone have any recommendations on where to live while at NPS? Want to be as close to whatever consitutes nightlife as possible.

s/f,
usmcecho4

better commute from San Fran.

Seriously. You can see all of Monterey's nightlife in one weekend, and it's all a $15 cab ride away, maximum. Focus on finding someplace decent and close enough to NPS to walk or bike. Parking is a pain in the ass. Do not even consider Sand City or Salinas (they will pop up on internet housing searches for the area).

I left in winter of 2008, and as I recall there were some really nice looking new apartments being built on Lighthouse Avenue, which is near 2 of the town's 5 or so bars. Probably max out your BAH (that town is expensive), but you can stumble home.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Anyone got a recommendation for a place around Monterey that can put my Tipsy Gypsy patch on my new leather jacket and not f it up?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I left in winter of 2008, and as I recall there were some really nice looking new apartments being built on Lighthouse Avenue, which is near 2 of the town's 5 or so bars. Probably max out your BAH (that town is expensive), but you can stumble home.

Pretty sure that's where an old ROTC buddy of mine lives now. They look nice judging by the FB photos I've seen of them.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
@othromas: I had mine done at the tailor shop at DLI. I spent 30 min explaining EXACTLY what needed to be done and they made it happen perfectly, 7-ish years later, serious abuse, and the patches are still exactly where they need to be, nothing loose at all.