• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what is name of LASIK Steroid Drops being used ?

satpak77

Guys

Civilian here, flying contract King Air stuff in support of USG.

Enough of that- my question is I plan to get LASIK this year....the various civilian docs are using civilian Walgreens Pharmacy precription eye drops. I plan to get WaveFront Guided LASIK (per NASA, USAF and other recommendations) instead of "standard LASIK."

With that said, what are the military doctors prescribing for eye drops, I believe they are a steroid type eye drop but I have not been able to find much info on them. The info I did find was that the steroid drops reportedly reduce the post-op problems significantly, versus other drops.

Thank you

MGoBrew11

pilot
I got WaveFront Guided PRK. Careful with the LASIK....it looks like some branches, even Navy are starting to look at it in a study. But PRK is probably safer if you want to fly military later on. It is still what recruiters and my doctor recommended.

Anyways, they gave me Omnipred for a steroid drop.

shutout39

pilot
Wavefront Lasik 6 months ago and I got Omni Pred (prednisolone ophthalmic). Its creamy white stuff that drips to the back of your nasal passages and you can actually taste it.