• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wanted - Nice place in San Diego

LAMPS4LIFE

Moving to San Diego in March and looking for a nice rental. Will be at 32nd street and hoping to keep the drive under 30 min. At least 2BR/ 2 BA preferred. Garage and some type of outdoor space fairly important, too. I'm single, no pets, don't smoke. Please contact me if you have a place to offer or know of a good connection. Thanks!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know this isn't specific, but you could probably find a good place on Coronado or in Hillcrest like that, which would be generally under 30 min drive. There are a lot of condos and apartments in the golden triangle area, and downtown is pretty much limited to apartment style living as well, though you could have a lot of the things you are looking for there as well. Generally the further east you go, the more bang for your buck, though that might put you at a good drive from 32nd st. A lot of the places near there are pretty sketch anyway, so it will probably be somewhat of a commute for you regardless. When we looked around a couple years ago, there were quite a few good deals in some reasonable neighborhoods in the Chula Vista area, but I would not recommend that area in general.....but there are some diamonds in the rough among the more gentrified (is that even a word?) parts of town. You could also check out PB/MB/OB as there are some cool places around there, with a lot going on in terms of nightlife/bars/restaurants. That wouldn't be too bad of a trek to 32nd st outside of peak traffic hours. If you already have experience in SD, I apologize in advance if this insults your intelligence, but I know that I would have liked to have had some general area gouge before I moved out.

LAMPS4LIFE

Appreciate the gouge. I've tried to talk to everybody I can about the area, so any additional info is always welcome. Hoping to find somebody offering housing. Thanks!

Mogwai

None
Not sure if you've found a place yet, but I would also look in Mission Valley. I'm really only familiar with the apt scene here, so I'll give you my take on that. A variety of nightlife isn't readily available (i.e.-walking distance) in most places in Mission Valley, but a lot of places are by the trolley (the Promenade and Avalon Fashion Valley especially). It's centrally located to just about everything, and you'll get more for your money here vs downtown and beach areas. It's about a $20 cab ride to downtown. The drive to 32nd Street is only roughly 15 minutes. There's another complex that I just found in my search (The Village at Morena Vista) that's on the trolley and located in Old Town. I'm actually looking for a roommate toward the end of April/mid-May if you or someone you know is interested. I currently live in Avalon Fashion Valley, but considering moving.

I did have a friend that lived in a house in La Mesa (farther east). He had a garage and a yard. He seemed to like it, but the downsides are that it's a farther drive and not really near any nightlife.

Feel free to shoot me any questions you might have!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No night life in Mission Valley? What about Cahoots? Kind of an interesting experience.

I haven't been there in 10 years, but I'm guessing there's the same talent in that place today.