• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Want a Spitfire?

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
You have to ask?
EDIT: Holy sweet Jesus! Did they do that a lot after the war? Are there really perfectly preserved warbirds buried around the world because there was nothing better to do with them?

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
I remember hearing from old timers that planes were being pushed off of carriers after they arrived towards the tail end of WW2. There were so many making their way to the front and no need/place to put them. Guess I can see how that is true after reading about how many planes were rapidly lost during the first year of the Pacific campaign, by the time the planes started getting there in mass they weren't needed?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Anyone wanna go halfsies on a ground-penetrating radar and high-power medal detector? Apparently there's planes in them thar hills!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Anyone wanna go halfsies on a ground-penetrating radar and high-power medal detector? Apparently there's planes in them thar hills!

Seriously man, I now have dreams of finding a perfectly preserved P-51 buried in some random desert somewhere with my name on it.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot

^^^

Boy, that's just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him!

lcdrclr.gif
lcdr-sb.gif
lcdr-sl.gif

:D

jmcquate

Contributor
Warbirds bring out the wierd.......Read about the B-29 "Kee Bird" or the P-38 "Glacier Gal".

Renegade One

None
Reminds me of the HUGE rumor going around when I was in high school: "The Government has this warehouse full of WWII Harley-Davidson motorcycles built for use in North Africa...but which are still "new in the crate". Can only be sold in lots of 50." Man...I signed up on so many "lists of 50 names"...but no one, to my knowledge, every saw a mint 1942 Harley bike out of the deal. HOWEVER...assuming these Spits can only be gotten in "lots of 50...still New In The Crate"...sign me up!

Lawman

None
I'm stationed at what used to be an old Luftwaffe base during the war. They still find bunkers in the hills randomly around here and they have documents that the Germans stored a few FW-190s in a couple of them. I find one I'm not telling a sole, but I will be way over weight on my pcs home.